Sign in to follow this  
Snowfalcon

Acceleration or Flight Deck 5?

Guest psternklar

I want Acceleration for the carrier. I deciding between FD5 and Acceleration. For carrier which is better? Ant feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Guest RonB49

A good question and one that I've pondered. I'll probably end up with both because they offer different things. R-

Get the Acceleration pack. You get a gorgeous F-18 & carrier, plus two other aircraft and lots of new scenery and missions.For $30, Acceleration is a very good deal.

Guest S77th-GOYA

Having tried both, Acceleration is the better of the two. Neither is perfect and moving carriers pay the price of no navaids but Abacus stuff is low-end. Although FD5 does give you more planes to trap with. If you're looking for an F/A-18, Acceleration's is much nicer to look at.

Acceleration.. there is no comparison.There was another thread here asking how to place those carrier in non Mission mode. And in that thread, there is a link to a freeware tool. Simply awesome. You can place all kinds of aircraft carrier and even a whole Naval fleet with multiple aircraft carrier (an armada) anywhere you want... with a few keystoke and remove it when you don't need them. On the fly, you can have a naval aircraft carrier. Its an awesome tool.I am not sure what that FD5 provides that not available with Acceleration + this freeware tool?MannyHere is that thread and the freeware tool is called AI ships creator. This tool would place those aircraft carrier that comes with acceleration which has those cables etc.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=421614&page=2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

ok, now lets assume a place the carrier somewhere. Does the CAT and the TRAPS work automatically in acceleration?CheersMartin

Yes.Its just like in the missions. Assuming you are using the default key strokes. Its For take off..Position the f-18 in the proper place and Shift+I and Shift+U and then Shift-space to takeoffShift Q to bring down the tail hook and then land.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

No Brainer Acceleration

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB