Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

All lights are huge

This just started recently, but all the lights on AI aircraft, and the carrier lights in accelleration look like large fuzzy glowing marbles. I can't make out the individual ball lights on the carrier at all. It is just one large blurred ball of white light. This is in the daytimeYou can see AI aircraft coming from miles away because they are a huge red lights in the sky. The lights in the cities look the same.All my other textures are ok. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I have the ATI 7.10 drivers installed. I don't recall installing anything other than accelleration. I have UT Canada and USA.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Bill

Guest fsxmissionguy

Bill,You probably recently installed volumetric lights from freeware available on AVSIM, right? (Shockwave lights?)

link please?Thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ok I got excited thinking they released it as FW

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi fsxmissionguy,Thanks for the suggestion, but I haven't installed the shockwave lights. It seems to only have happened after I installed Accelleration and the ATI 7.10 drivers. I don't recall doing anything else.Here is what it looks like.Bill

I saw something similar when i was landing at KLIT yesterday. I installed Acceleration and then went for a flight. I landed at KLIT and was taxiing in and I saw a giant ball of light sitting on the tarmac. It turned out to be a little Cessna. I dont remeber seeing things like that before Acceleration/SP2 but it might have occurred.I've also noticed A LOT of instances where lights were black blocks for several (five) seconds and then they would pop in.I know I only very, very rarely saw that in pre SP2 ( i.e; SP1)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Hey Dave, you notice the black squares too?huh, thought it was my video card onlyYeah, and in DX9 mode if you enable bloom the landing lights are HUGE lol!It looks funny!argh......

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

This issue is even worse if you are using the Matrox 3H2Go setup. Any ideas on what might be causing the AI aircraft lights to look like super novas. This ocurred on my system post Acceleration. I have replaced the halo.bmp file with one of the small halo texture files from the aht5 file available here in the file library. Also added the light scalar text lines to my fsx.cfg file. THis fixes most of the over size light issues except for some airport beacons and the AI landing lights. Thanks for any ideas on a fix for this issue.