Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

THREE AI TRAFFIC OPTIONS

Wow, I can't believe we still don't have a proper free AI program yet. I thought after all the updates that it would be fixed or at least improved. I have not played the game for over a year because AI didn't work then. I just had the idea to come back and see whats new. I used all the programs in the past and they all fell short on a complete solution. I have held off buying any airport add-ons until AI is fixed. So I guess I will have to keep waiting. I am really now regretting buying MSFS in the first place, but here we are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi abranpuko,

I understand that you are frustrated, but imho you are exaggerating. There are still plenty of (major) airports that are well covered with ground traffic. Balthasar has published maps with coverage data.
Of course it is unfortunate that airport at the island where you live, is now one of the bad spots.  Like you wrote, we have to wait for a solution. Balthasar is working on that.

I contineously improve PSXTraffic. This year, for instance, I have integrated destination learning (with the Recorder). That was merely because of your wishes. 

So what do you want to achieve with this thread? You are pretty well aware of the AI Traffic possibilities. I'd say. 

Nico

Hi Nico. Not only am I very grateful for what you have done with PSXT over the years, but I have also taken it upon myself to say so in several posts in the past.
This does not mean, of course, that as a user, I couldnt also show my frustration.

In the latter cases it is a frustration due to the sudden change to a much worse data server that makes it impossible to use PSXT with any realism.
Unfortunately I don't agree with what you say, because I don't fly much on my island. Although i like to do it.
This is the list of Spanish airports where planes disappear on realtraffic radar before landing, and where planes disappear on radar before taking off or do not have a taxi. Because of this, they are not injected. 

LEMG
LEAL
LEVC
LEPA
GCXO
GCLP
GCLA
LEVX
LEIB
LEBB and i must say etc,etc...

ONLY LEMD AND LEBL are a little bit better.

For this same reason I spoke with Balthasar, who has treated me very well and told me that he is going to change the servers.

So I reiterate my gratitude for your work. And it's true, the "learning mode" was one of my wishes and you have made it come true. isn't it great?

On the other hand, our way of contributing to your software is by constantly checking and informing you of what is happening so that it can evolve. It's the least we can do to not pay for your product.

In the case of Balthasar (and I have conveyed this to him privately) since im paying for a professional license and has worse data, I have told him that he should make a change to better servers, since they advertise the "update" as an advance, when In reality it has been a setback.

Thank you Nico for your appreciation!

7 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Wow, I can't believe we still don't have a proper free AI program yet. I thought after all the updates that it would be fixed or at least improved. I have not played the game for over a year because AI didn't work then. I just had the idea to come back and see whats new. I used all the programs in the past and they all fell short on a complete solution. I have held off buying any airport add-ons until AI is fixed. So I guess I will have to keep waiting. I am really now regretting buying MSFS in the first place, but here we are.

It seems to me you wanted an AI traffic simulator, not a flight simulator. 

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

I wish FSLT had an option to filter traffic by altitude such that I could have parked aircraft and could also see aircraft at altitude during cruise.  Traffic moving on the ground has too much of an FPS hit for me in an already stressful environment.  Enhanced Live Traffic ( ELT ) used to have this option but the program, which also used Flightradar24 data, no longer appears to work.  

ELT has been broken with the latest Sim update and there has been no more support from the developer in recent history...

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

For you. I (and I believe most of us) prefer to see the planes where they are in real time.

depending on how up to date the AIG flight plan is, you can see that. I've copied real flights off Flight Aware a few times, and the AIG version spawned right next to me and was basically flying next to it for the entire flight.

I also doubt people wanting live traffic are the majority.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I couldn’t care less if traffic is live or not. As long as it’s semi realistic (right liveries in right part of world) and it fills the airports, I’m happy. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's likely that most people just want something that looks vaguely realistic. But who knows? Proper live traffic where aircraft in the sim exactly match their real world positions hasn't been offered widely (i.e. for free).

Nonetheless, the combination of proper live traffic with live weather is amazing. I once flew into Flightbeam's KDEN when there were some uninviting looking cells in the vicinity. Real world ATC had put aircraft into holds and vectors to avoid the worst of the weather. This was replicated in my sim and looked fantastic!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Default Live traffic in MSFS was better then they were using positioning data between Departure/arrival instead of just dynamically generating flight plans that they're doing now.

Also when model/livery matching actually worked.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

The fact that some here are indifferent to unreal or non-existent air traffic, does not mean that this is the norm.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

only install the airlines you need 😉quantity of 1000+ airlines will cause issues with the Sim - no clue why since P3D is loading in seconds....

Not necessarily 😊 I have a 100% installation and no issues. Yes, loading times of both sim and AIGTC are prolonged, but honestly, for the sim startup time, my other 450 addons are the bigger factor. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 11/20/2023 at 3:12 PM, Alvega said:

It seems to me you wanted an AI traffic simulator, not a flight simulator. 

I wanted something similar to P3D and something I saw in the previews. In the preview videos they showed (quickly) AI planes flying around and with a busy airport full of traffic. I thought this game would be an improvement over P3D. I don't see how hard it would be to watch a plane fly from city to city without crashing into a mountain or just dropping out of the sky. In P3D and using the super traffic board program it was easy. You could start at a gate and land at another airport with correct takeoffs and landings. I thought that MSFS was going to have this because some people do like to watch traffic.

21 minutes ago, bosflo said:

. I thought this game would be an improvement over P3D. I don't see how hard it would be to watch a plane fly from city to city without crashing into a mountain or just dropping out of the sky.

What sim are you flying?

Where are ai planes crashing into mountains and dropping out of the sky?

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

15 minutes ago, solito said:

And what about FS Traffic  ?

It generally just adds traffic around the planet reasonably well,

use it & FSLTL,

PSXT with LiveTraffic let me down in places like China, for instance…

On 11/20/2023 at 11:52 PM, Tuskin38 said:

depending …..

I cannot read the minds of my fellow flghtsimmers, but I would prefer to have both options (live & flightplans). I think, we still have to see a real, self learning air traffic system in ✈️ simulation.

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"