Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

GoFlight Problem After 1.76.05 Software

Hi Everyone-I had all my GoFlight modules finally working in FSX, but since I updated the software to the recently-released version 1.76.05, nothing works....all modules are black. I see the usual startup message, the "Do you want to start...." and "add as trusted software" message, and I see the GFDevFSX icon in the toolbar below, but I still get nothing. When I click on the blue GFDevFSX icon and select Show Config Info, I get this:"No Configuration File." What happened? Where should the configuration file be located in FSX? Help! And Thanks.....Oh, and I have already tried fixing SimConnect from the FSX CD.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest stpierce

Same problem here. I have emailed Goflight, just waiting on a response

So you had yours working then they stopped with the new software?http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

The problem here is with the data bridge software - it doesn't work in the new version of the software. I don't know who they use for testing but they missed this one.The work around I'm using is - move all the new version's files associated with the data bridge (GFDev*.*) into a new folder located in the same GoFlight directory (backup). Go to your FS9 GoFlight folder and copy all the same files into the FSX GoFlight folder - problem solved. I don't know if this breaks something else but it works on my system. If you don't have FS9 any more, just install the older version of the GoFlight software, copy the FGDev*.* files to a folder, uninstall the older GoFlight software, and reinstall the new version.fb

My GoFlight Folder is located in C:/ProgramFiles/GoFlight....which worked before. Is yours actually in the root FSX folder?http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Sorry Alex, I didn't mean to give the impression that the GoFlight software was in the FSX folder. What I should have said is it is in the Program FilesGoFlight folder. On my system I have both FS9 and FSX installed but they reside on separate RAID 1 HDD sets. FS9 is installed under XP and FSX is installed under Vista. Therefore, I have two installations of the GoFlight software - one under XP and one under Vista. My FS9 installation under XP had the old GF software so I was able to copy that over to the Vista side that has FSX.The two RAID sets are totally separate in terms of operating systems and applications. I change back and forth using the BIOS routine. My system is not a "dual-boot" one.Sorry for the minunderstanding. At any rate, you will need to use the old GoFlight version of GFDev*.* files until this problem gets fixed.fb

I guess what I'm not clear on is where the FS9 version of GF resides. I have .dll files installed in the FS9/MODULES folder, but short of that, I'm not clear on whether there is a discreet FS9 GOFLIGHT folder or not. I have both sims installed as well, so your fix would probably work for me. Trying to revert back to an earlier version of the GF software still doesn't work in FSX - everything is black. FS9 is fine, and everything works, preserving my edited config files.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

Alex,I guess I'm still not being clear. In your case, there is only one installed version of the GF software. What you'll have to do is uninstall the GF software. Download the old version and install it. The software will be placed in the Program FilesGoFlight directory. Move all the GFDev*.* files to a temporary folder in some other directory.Uninstall the old GF software. Download the new version. Install it. As before, it will be in the ProgramGoFlight folder. Move all the new GFDev*.* files into a temporary folder as a backup. Move the old GFDev*.* files into the new verion's folder. This should solve the problem.I hope this helps.fb

Got it thanks, I'll give it a try.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

That finally did it, thanks for all of your help fb! http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD