Sign in to follow this  
bigmike

Enhanced Photogrammetrie

What do you think about Enhanced Photogrammetrie from Project Coastline?

Mike

I am testing this software. So far, at KBOS and KSAN there are noticeable positive changes. KPVD which is Providence Rhode Island USA has not been fixed yet.

More testing on the way. I am using an XBOX Series X and fly low level in helicopters.

I have seen some texture issues with the water mask in small areas.

Most all boats (no trees on them), bridges (no trees and out of the water), and coastlines look new so far. The software does work some magic.

Many more flights in now.

So far what a huge improvement to all the coastlines, lakes, and rivers anywhere east to west USA. It seems like the coastlines and riverbanks and all of the water has a greater depth look and feel.

The bridges and boats and marinas can be seen in 3d now. Makes my low-level helicopter flights very nice.

My home base KPVD needs to be done for some reason, it's a photo city too. 

I will wait for an update. 

I am interested in this and would have bought it if it were on sale recently.

Reasons for not buying yet: not sure if it’s only US or global photogrammetry, not sure if 2024 will make it irrelevant, waiting for more reports.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

6 hours ago, scotchegg said:

I am interested in this and would have bought it if it were on sale recently.

Reasons for not buying yet: not sure if it’s only US or global photogrammetry, not sure if 2024 will make it irrelevant, waiting for more reports.

Where can you buy it? If I search for this all I get is a fakebook page.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

46 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Where can you buy it? If I search for this all I get is a fakebook page.

Inside MSFS2020 in the Marketplace

Carsten U

9 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Inside MSFS2020 in the Marketplace

Thanks

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Been in touch with the developer about Rhode Island USA not being done. Within twenty-four hours the issue has been fixed.

I am on Xbox so now I will wait patiently for the update on marketplace. 

Last night I was flying around KPDX noticing the changes inland. This does seem to fix a lot of the issues with boats, bridges, and waterways everywhere.

Are there any YT reviews / comparisons of this product?

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Apart from the Facebook video, That's all I could find:

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

This dlc is amazing it makes a huge difference to coastal photogrammetry areas. Especially with photogrammetry boats and marinas etc. 

Must be annoying for the dev having people on Facebook etc complaining some coast near their house hadn’t been improved when it’s not even photogrammetry. 

This is one of the best things I’ve bought for the sim his other Italian coastline dlc is also great. 

My question would be.. How much does this work with/interfere with the plethora of "water fix" mods many of us likely already have installed? I see a potential conflict. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

4 hours ago, styckx said:

My question would be.. How much does this work with/interfere with the plethora of "water fix" mods many of us likely already have installed? I see a potential conflict. 

I have the same concern with Vessels Enhanced AI / Global Shipping.

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.