Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How to make Camera angles?

I wanted to make (and save) some camera angles in the external view for the RealAir Scout and company.... I didn't notice any preset ones. what is the best way to do this?Thanks,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest PPSFA

If you have FSX Delux, the SDK is included. In that is a Camera utility you can use. Be sure to install SP1 for the SDK

and this is for external views?EDIT: ok Im lost heheI followed the directions on the wiki site, created a test camera cfg entry, set a view (Im doing this in the VC for now, its a start), and saved a flight with that viewso I have my test:[CameraDefinition.7]Title = "test"Guid={AFA06A0A-7341-4B1F-B486-CE3778336276}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.60SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=0, 0, 0.InitialPbh=3.2000000476837158, 0, 0And then when I open the FLT file I get the GUID from window.1 and copy it to my test camera ID right?Where do I find the rotation, InitialXyz, and ""Pbh? And how do I set them?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest dswo

>If you have FSX Delux, the SDK is included. In that is a>Camera utility you can use. Be sure to install SP1 for the>SDKWhat's it named? I can find "Camera Configuration.htm" but not a camera utility.

Guest PPSFA

Thats it, scroll down and you will see the instructions. There are alos some examples in the Images folder.

Help, I must be missing something, I see nothing about getting the right XYZ and rotation coordinates anywhere in the SDK....I'm trying to make a VC picture of the back seat, while not realistic it is my first test inside the acft.To get the GUID I save a FLT with the camera pointed backwards. I open that file and get the GUID out of the window.1 sectionHow do I get the Initial Pbh and rotation coordinates? I'm just not understanding this... When I saved the blahblahblah.FLT and searched for the same GUID that was used in the "test" view, the XYZ and Pbh coords are still 0, 0, 0 etc....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>To get the GUID I save a FLT with the camera pointed>backwards. I open that file and get the GUID out of the>window.1 section>>How do I get the Initial Pbh and rotation coordinates?You can simply make up your own GUID when you write the entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Copy an existing one and change at least one number in each group using the digits: 0 - FAs for the initial x, y, z coordinates, you can make an guess based on the coordinates used for the eyepoint= entry.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

RyanI just did the wiki to save all the trial that usually is needed by using the SDK. :)Post from wikiUsing Flt camera definition you can change aircraft.cfg camera definition parameters by using the following translation table: flt file -> aircraft.cfg fileZoom -> InitialZoom Translation -> InitialXyz Rotation -> InitialPbh. The flt saves Pitch, Heading, bank and the aircraft.cfg needs pitch, bank, heading so there is the need to change the position for the last two values.

hmmm, ok I successfully made a rear-looking view for the Scout. (Not sure how I did it LOL!)But now I'm trying a external view for the scout, a nose-on view. I got the view to stick outside the VC, which is a start. But If I use the same coordinates I got from the .FLT file, they do not match up the view I saved during that flight. This is what confuses me hmmm????edit: Yeah, the XYZ and Pbh coords definitely DO NOT correspond with each other in the FLT file and the cameradefinition file. Has anyone written a program that displays XYZ and Pbh values while in FSX? That would be a neat idea.... I don't know the visual part of programming so I've no idea how that could be done. But it could save a lot of headache lol! (at least for us newbs!)EDIT AGAIN....Ok, I don't understand the whole saving the FLT file, because the values do not correspond with each other, so I've reverted to trial and errorTake a look at this camera definition....it is my attempt at a nose view:[CameraDefinition.8]Title = "test external"Guid = {AFA06A0A-7341-4b1f-B486-CE3778336123}Origin = CenterMomentumEffect = YesSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = 0.40000000596046448SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=5, 0, 0InitialPbh=0, 0, -180.0I think I got the Pbh values figured out. -180 means basically you're looking backwards, at least from the reference point. This is where I get confused....I put in a value of 5 for X because I wanted it 5 meters ahead....but am I in the wrong axis here folks?Here's a pic to show what I assumed was the axis.... am I bassackwards here? TOP-DOWN VIEWhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179873.jpgOK I think I got it....WOW, IMHO the coordinate system is way messed up.... what is the reference datum for the "Center" I'm totally confused by that....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179874.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ok, I successfully completed 4 real basic views. Is there an easy way to copy those views to all the other Scout versions and textures? I can see why they didn't include them....a lot of work time hehehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179875.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest dswo

1. There is a tool for this in the AVSIM file library: http://tinyurl.com/2sppwp. I have never figured it out though.2. Ryan, when you get something you're happy with, consider posting it in the library. I've had the same idea about the Scout -- and never done anything about it.

Guest PPSFA

I think you can add them to the camera.cfg file and they will be available in all planes