Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How to make Camera angles?

Ryan, perhaps you do have it now, but I felt like "beating the dead horse" just a little more. The coordinate system ties my brain into a pretzel every time I think about it too much but here's a "secret shortcut"We're used to thinking in terms of the AIRCRAFT coordinates but these cameras are outside of the aircraft and using a different coordinate system... as I also noticed with xyz coordinate references in effects. The shortcut is to continue thinking with the usual interpretation of XYZ but once you have the numbers you want, simply PLACE THEM IN Y-Z-X order! The "initialXyz=5, 0, 0" that you used in your camera definition could not have given the image you showed because it defined the camera as being 5 meters out off the right wing (a +Y value). As you probably know now, the correct entry would be "initialXyz=0, 0, 5" defining the camera to have lateral(0), vertical(0), longitudinal(5) position. The Pbh (pitch, bank, heading) references the aircraft front as 0

yeah I tried that program once....same thing happened...lol kinda confusing..If I were to write a program I'd write a simple tool that would display the current camera view settings in the form of XYZ and Phb and allow the text to be copiable (is that word haha)I just don't really know how to do it....maybe I could get the logic, but the visuals....ummmm...lolI will certainly post the views once I get them all happy!edit: Hey Dave, I got all the Scouts to work fine with the settings.The only thing is, I've never uploaded anything to avsim....should I upload the cfg files? Of course I may have to ask RealAir first though..EDIT: Ok, all packaged up, just waiting for clearance...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I modified a sample simconnect program that came with the sdk to do this easily, but I used VC++ 2005 Express and when I sent the compiled program to anyone else to use, they never could make it work. I assume it has something to do with the runtimes or install packaging or some such silliness. If anyone has 2005 Express or above and would like the code, just shoot me a message with an email address and I'll send it. If anyone can tell me how to package my little executable so someone else can use it, let me know that too.It's very rudimentary, but I can make fast camera angles from the cockpit.

don't you just need the VB runtimes in order for an exe to work?Im sure they can be D/Led for free...Send me the exe (PM me or something), I'll see if I can get it working

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |