Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

FS9 to FSX plane conversions...

Guest PPSFA

I know this was posted before, but I would like to expand a bit and see if someone has an answer.I have successfully imported planes from FS9 to FSX without a hitch. The problem I have now is the Eric Cantu 727. I have it loaded in FSX, but it apparently uses non compatible gauges, so they are all missing. I love the 727 and would love to get this working but I have no idea how to replace the instruments. Is there an easy way to do this?Tks in advance

Hi. You can use FSPanelStudio (payware) and it will tell you which gauges are FS98 type. Then you can do a search of your gauges (CTRL-F)folder and find a suitable gauge and replace the FS98 gauge with an FSX compatible type gauge. Say I am looking for an ASI (airspeed indicator) I find an ASI gauge that is OK in FSX and insert it into the panel at the exact same location and size as the FS98 gauge, after deleting the FS98 gauge. Another quicker way is to find a whole FSX or FS9 panel for the 727 that has OK type gauges and replace the panel with it. If you need help PM me and I will help you. Regards, Bob.

Guest PPSFA

Thanks for the info. I have tried to find a good 727 panel for FSX and swap em out, but so far no luck, which really sucks, as Eric Cantu's 727 is a great plane. I will look into the PanelStudio thing, thanks for the offer.

Hi. I have the Eric Cantu American 727-200 working in FSX with a FS2002 panel by a Mr. Probst available here at Avsim (rp727pn3.zip). I had to modify it slightly as a few of the gauges that were supposedly FSX OK did not show up OK. I also had to alter the effects locations for the engine smoke in the aircraft.cfg as it was made for FS2002 and the coordinate system is different for FSX. I also fixed the airline callout and the atc callouts so it is called American. The sound folder was missing a sound.cfg. I aliased the B737_800 sound files. PM me and I'll send some pics to you. Regards, Bob.

Best way to maker FS9 aircraft is to copy over all your 'guages' and 'effects' from FS9 to FSX.Do NOT agree to OVERWRITE if asked!You won't do any damage to FSX doing this just merely adding more guages and effects to make them work.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest PPSFA

PM me and I'll send some pics to you. Regards, Bob. You have mail :-)

Guest PPSFA

>Best way to maker FS9 aircraft is to copy over all your>'guages' and 'effects' from FS9 to FSX.>>Do NOT agree to OVERWRITE if asked!>>You won't do any damage to FSX doing this just merely adding>more guages and effects to make them work.Thanks but I did that already. The problem is that the gauges are pre 2004 apparently and dont work. Bob from the other post has them working and he's helping me now through email. Great bunch of people!