Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

FSX without SP1 ... and SP2 : a solution for blurries ?

I have been using FSX without SP1, and while some add ons that have SP1 listed as a requirement work fine, others do not. So it just depends on the add on.

I think sp1 is a necessity but some experience more blurries from it. I did but finally got around the burries.You need a powerful computer to really get the most out of fsx.I believe it's worth it. Next year should be a much better year for add-ons.

I'd run FSX RTM for my photo sceneries and TileProxy, and SP2 for generic-type scenery. The scenery performance with RTM is absolutely staggering compared to SP1. I get up to 20x more performance from RTM when using TileProxy. I've not yet tried SP2 but will when they release it as a stand-alone patch.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP