Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Maintaining repositioned popups with TH2G

I am running FSX on an XP SP2 machine with a 3 monitor TH2G setup. As anyone who uses such a setup knows, the TH2G stretches and distorts most popup windows in the cockpit. I deal with this by opening each popup and Shift+n window that I use during a flight in a plane like the Eaglesoft Cirrus or the PMDG 747, and then resizing it and repositioning it where I want it to popup on the 3 screen display. Then I save the flight. In the future, I need only launch this flight and I have all my resized and repositioned popups exactly as I want them. I can then move the plane to whatever airport I want and proceed to fly.There is a severe limitation to this procedure and I am posting to see if anyone has worked it out. I've tried but to no avail.Essentially, the popup setup is only valid for the saved flight and any airport to which you may move the plane involved in that flight. Change the livery once you've loaded the saved flight, and the popups revert back to their default and stretched configuration. Even re-loading the saved panel configuration from the original saved flight, which is possible in a plane like the PMDG 747, doesn't correct this problem. You still need to resize and reposition all of the popups for this flight when using a different livery.I would love to be able to create a saved flight that has all my resized and repositioned popups and be able to use it with any livery for that plane. Is there any way to do this?I've explored the text of the saved flight files to see if there might be some way to alter them to apply to a different livery. However, I've not been able to locate the parameters that might allow for this, assuming it were possible to begin with. It seems to me that the parameters for the resized and repositioned popups must be saved somewhere and that if I could locate where, then I could just copy them, create a series of saved flights with the engine models and liveries that I want, and just paste these parameters into the other saved flights.Any ideas on how to resolve this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.Robert

I posted this over the weekend and it quickly got buried by an avalanche of other postings. So I thought I'd bump it to the top to see if there might be someone out there who has thought about or dealt with this problem. Thanks,Robert

Guest The Wizard of Oz

ROB,I'll bump it again.cheers

Guest jimcooper1

There was a thread on this a few of months ago. A lot of us Multis and TH2Go users complained that in FS9 we could save our various Windows but in FSX we couldn't..it bounced around for weeks and basically the message from ACES was that it wasn't necessarily going to be fixed in SP2 but they would if they could!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchHowever, towards the end of the thread there is an add-on solution you can download!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=413130RegardsJim

Jim, thanks for pointing out these threads. I'd somehow missed them. Unfortunately, when I tried to use the add-on solution, it didn't work for me. Apparently, I wasn't alone, as another person participating in the thread also reported having the same problem I was having in getting it to work.In any event, I just discovered where the popup and Shift+n window locations and sizes are stored in a saved flight, and am now able to apply my own default saved flight information to any flight that I create for any livery. I've posted my procedure in a parallel thread that I started at the PMDG forum on Avsim. Here's the link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=139616&page=Thanks again for your input. Until you pointed out this thread to me, I thought I was the only one who wanted to do this sort of thing.Robert