Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

sound distortion in fsx

Guest tom757xx

hi all, just instaled a new audigy soundblaster and it works fine with everything apart from flight sim x, got 7 speakers throwing out a horrible crackling noise, can still hear the sim but its getting really annoying. thanks in advance

Guest JIMJAM

One thing to check is the volume in the control panel/sound audio devices/speaker volume.If they are maxxed out and the sims are maxed out, then they play maxxed out. Thats were my distortion is coming from.Mine has sliders for left right I turn to 3/4.Im running 5.1 Audigy xfi.

Huhm, I am having quite a similar problem that I do not really understand. Any for me it would always happen, not just FS, also when listening to music for example. It's really annoying. Anything else I could try besides checking the volume controls which I just did? :-hmmmThanks a lot, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

I had to dump my Audigy 2 ZS because I was getting constant, but at random, distortion through the speakers with FSX. I think its referred to as the 'Screech of Death' or 'Squeal of Death', and it would lock up my PC somtimes when it occured, even after changing to a different motherboard.I now use my motherboard onboard sound, admittedly the quality is not as good, but I'll take reliability over quality, at least I can fly without worrying about sound issues.

Guest tom757xx

ive tried all the tips in the forum but its still crackling,aaaaarrrrrgghhhhh i hate rice crispies(snap,crackle and pop).

Have you tried this under your "sounds" section in the fsx.cfg file?SOUND_QUALITY=2Channels=2SamplesPerSec=44100BitsPerSample=16

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest tom757xx

done a 3 hour flight today in a a321 it crackled like mad for about 20 mins then stopped, at the end of flight i started another and the same happened crackled,for about 20 mins then was ok. god iam going nuts, i love fsx but its doing my loaf in (head).if this keeps up iam taking a funny turn and using silent hunter instead lol if i cant fly i might aswell sink....only kidding guys iam addicted to fsx i would never leave yous

Guest JIMJAM

All I can add is to experiment with various settings.Sound can be even more tricky than graphics.I would try various speaker settings,5.1 ect.Lower the hardware acceleration.The latest greatest drivers are not always so going back to the ones that the card came with.And if all else fails, drinking heavily and swearing alot helps me.BTY-Try and see if headphones work.Good luck

Guest FO UFO

Anyone have a fix for this problem???it's killing me!

did you disable your onboard sound on your motherboard?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |