Sign in to follow this  
Mike44

how to start vr

Hi

I bought a used HP Reverb but cannot start x-plane 12. It's messed up with steamvr dasboard or mixed reality? How to start? Thanks

start steamvr

check "enable VR hardware" in the VR section of settings. You can also keybind to toggle VR.

AutoATC Developer

I get a "unexpected steamvr error"

Updated Nvidia driver, mixed reality and steamvr but still the same. 

I get a 2d panel with steamvr and x-plane hangar, hangs.

I'm having a similar problem. When I select "enable VR hardware" X-plane 12 hangs in the "loading VR" screen.

Is there a preference file of some sort that I can delete or edit VR settings?

TIA

I find that loading to the main menu in VR is hit and miss...  What I'd suggest is load into a flight (in 2D), and bind a button or key to enable VR, and also a button/key to center the VR view.

I use Steam VR fwiw.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, Samaritano said:

I'm having a similar problem. When I select "enable VR hardware" X-plane 12 hangs in the "loading VR" screen.

Is there a preference file of some sort that I can delete or edit VR settings?

TIA

This happens to me if my graphics settings are set too high before i click the enable VR box. Generally i fly in 2d with max settings but for VR have to turn a lot of them down or it just hangs. I have a 3080 and 12th gen i7 processor for comparison.

do you need steam VR or can I use Virtual desktop??

Regards

Paul EGCC

6 hours ago, tull said:

do you need steam VR or can I use Virtual desktop??

I honestly dont know.  But I couldnt get it working without SteamVR.  To me it feels like XP12 is a tech demo when in VR...  if you do make it to the hangar view it's so outdated...  they need a fresh VR menu imo.  

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |