Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

November 29th 2023 - Developer Stream

4 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Well, that's a typical MSFS thread. Mentioning advantages of other sims aren't usually appreciated in those. 😉

Yup. They should be appreciated though, thats one of the ways things are improved, looking at how others do it. Sometimes it's better, sometimes is not. I wish I could combine elements of both sims, but I can't, so I just use them both. I offer no brand loyalty. If things start going by the wayside, I switch brand without hesitation. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Mentioning advantages of other sims aren't usually appreciated in those.

No real advantages were pointed out. As was explained, you'd lose the morphing but end up with stable scenery that didn't look accurate. Also, if someone is going to compare sims, it is completely reasonable for them to point out whether or not third party add-ons are in use when the morphing in MSFS is a default scenery issue. Don't act like everything was a knee-jerk reaction.

Speaking of knee-jerk reactions....

14 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Well, when I make a tongue in cheek comment, it does have some truth to it.  As you said, you agreed with me anyway.  But I mixed a truthful comment with a bit of humour while poking a bit of fun.  

Try to pass it off as "tongue-in-cheek" all you want, you still made yourself look silly and I think you know it lol. 

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Try to pass it off as "tongue-in-cheek" all you want, you still made yourself look silly and I think you know it lol. 

Thank you for your opinion.  

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

No real advantages were pointed out

One advantage that is in the pictures is seasons. They are default XP12. Snow accumulation. It's really good. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Krakin said:

you still made yourself look silly

Well ehr, there might be folks, and I'm one of them, who could think you are making a tiny bit of a fool of yourself too 😘

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Well ehr, there might be folks, and I'm one of them, that could think you are making a tiny bit of a fool of yourself too 😘

Well I'm happy for you, Mr. I Take All Sides. It is admirable how you're defending someone who called his "tongue in cheek" remark a "factual statement". You are certainly the most mature of the lot of us. Congratulations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You are certainly the most mature of the lot of us

In the sense I'm trying to understand the point of view of folks with different opinions, yes, I might be more mature than others. Have fun with your war.

Edited by Rimshot
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Bert

46 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Clouds and weather (be it live or manual) is still heads and shoulders above anything else out there, it's just that some of us prefer pre-SU7 MSFS to post-SU7 MSFS 🙂 

Since I'm not really able to compare I won't argue about Live weather being above anything else, regardless however imho it falls short when compared to other main components of the sim.

From my irl experience there's three main challenges in aviation. The first ist getting to grips with the aviation ecosystem (laws, regulations, SOP's, ATC, ...), the second is obtaining your flying skills with different types of airplanes and the third is coping with the conditions the atmosphere is throwing at you, mainly weather. Some day you will know most of the regulative stuff that is applicable for your type of flying, and handling the aircraft becomes routine. What remains an everlasting challenge and makes flying so rewarding is to assess the weather situation for each and every flight and the decisions that come with it: go/no-go, deviations, routings and the like.

And that is clearly an area where the development of MSFS has fallen short, because regardless if one prefers pre- or post SU7 weather, apart from fixing the mess it was immediately after SU7 not much has really been done compared to the large progress aircraft and scenery have encountered. 

I hope for MSFS2024 and that the already acknowledged rewrite of the atmosperic simulation also includes major improvements for Live weather. To quote Jorg Neumann: "It’s where planes live, it’s got to be awesome."

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Have fun with your war.

If you're going to assert that I am making a fool of myself, do not pretend to be aloof of said war. Have a great day

Oh, man. I haven't visited Avsim and posted here since years. Just a few days of visiting and  it looks like nothing has changed. Very unfortunate and sad.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

nd  it looks like nothing has changed

Oh it’s changed, it’s gotten worse. 

17 minutes ago, Krakin said:

If you're going to assert that I am making a fool of myself, do not pretend to be aloof of said war

I said a tiny bit of a fool 😁 No matter what. I refuse to take sides. So I kindly object to the title 'Mr. I Take All Sides' you gave me above. It would suit you and a lot of other folks here, including myself sometimes, to be a bit more lenient. You have a great day too! I'm having a great dinner ahead, so already accomplished.

Edited by Rimshot
  • Like 1

Cheers, Bert