Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

A little confused

Hi guys, I am interested in using this program, but I have a few questions. First of all, I have installed the PSX traffic program and I am using AIG models and their traffic controller. There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic using AIGM traffic controller even though I have every package installed, so I decided to install this program. I started at LAX and adjusted all the settings in the manual, I have plenty of traffic, but I don't see any planes moving. I know it takes a while but I waited about 30 minutes and saw nothing arriving or departing. In the PSX traffic program it shows all the objects and has the correct airport, but it says zero live traffic. What did I do wrong because something is working but not everything. The program looks great, and I hope I am able to use it. Thanks

Hi,

Welcome.

Post your Log.txt file pls, you can find it in the same folder as PSXT.exe.

Nico

ok, I got the program working but now I am more confused than before. Maybe I am not understanding how this program works. Here is my question. I downloaded PSXT and I have two programs PSXT and PSXT.exe. They both look exactly the same, but one asked for a license and the other did not. I also downloaded and paid for the real traffic and that's another program. if I run that then I have to enter my license number there as well. If I open the real traffic program then I can't run the PSXT.exe program. What is the proper way to use this program because I am getting confused with all these procedures. Thanks

35 minutes ago, bosflo said:

ok, I got the program working but now I am more confused than before. Maybe I am not understanding how this program works. Here is my question. I downloaded PSXT and I have two programs PSXT and PSXT.exe. They both look exactly the same, but one asked for a license and the other did not. I also downloaded and paid for the real traffic and that's another program. if I run that then I have to enter my license number there as well. If I open the real traffic program then I can't run the PSXT.exe program. What is the proper way to use this program because I am getting confused with all these procedures. Thanks

It is actually very simple if you would have followed the Quick Start Guide...

You do not need to download and install the RT software. You only need the license to be put in  the parameters file of PSXT.

You also don't need PSXTraffic.exe, don't run it. You must run PSXT.exe.

You better uninstall the RealTraffic app, to prevent confusion, it may block you from running PSXT.exe at the same time

Edited by kiek

Why does the download still contain PSXTraffic.exe if PSXT.exe is the only one required....... Confusing.

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

4 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Why does the download still contain PSXTraffic.exe if PSXT.exe is the only one required....... Confusing.

That's  to make a smooth transition. The PSXT version is still in beta phase, you can easily switch back to PSXTraffic if there is a problem. Both programs use the parameters and learned airports.

New users are supposed to read the Quick Start Guide that only talks about PSXT.exe. And at my website it is clearly stated that there are two programs in the package of which PSXT is recommended....

I can't help people not reading documentation.

Eventually it will be two separate packages, because there are still some users that cannot sim with PSXT because they run two simulators or they need the RT app because they like the Radar screen (abranpuko)

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable real traffic, I can't justify the cost, but I would still like to use PSX. Every time I open the PSX program it's looking for real traffic. So I would just like to use The PSX without the live traffic. It's a great program just not for my usage, thank you.

2 hours ago, bosflo said:

Is there a way to disable real traffic, I can't justify the cost, but I would still like to use PSX. Every time I open the PSX program it's looking for real traffic. So I would just like to use The PSX without the live traffic. It's a great program just not for my usage, thank you.

No of course not, that's what this program is all about.