Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Acceleration Expansion Pack Killed My FSX

Guest United

Windows XP SP2 here. FSX SP1 (or is it two, whatever the latest is); NVIDIA 8800 GTX, latest drivers. FSX is working mega-perfectly until I do something ill advised. I went out today and bought Acceleration. I installed it. I started up FSX. It got to the Home page or whatever the start up page was. I hit "FreeFlight" and FSX disappeared. I did a "Repair" via the Accel. DVD. Same thing, died. I deleted the FSX.cfg file. No joy, I can acceess any meny inside of FSX except the Free Flight Menu for actual flying. Help!!! Point me to a thread were I can figure out how to fix this? OK I did uninstall it and now I think I'm back to FSX working in FreeFlight mode, but my god!! Why can't I use Accel. ????? Unbelievable.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest pilot_guru

you are not alone Randy......I have the same problem!!Anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

To help debugging : - what drivers are you actually using : latest beta or latest WHQL ? - what is the installation path of your FSX ? - at what moment does it kick you to the desktop (percentage) ? - what kind of add-ons do you have ? - your system ? - anything else you think that can be important ?Jan

Guest pilot_guru

drivers: nVidia - Version 163.75 WHQLInstallation path for FSX is correct - C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XRegistry Path is correctKick to desktop? Loads 'Home' page or what ever the default is. Can select anything EXCEPT Free Flight and any of the Missions. On selecting a Mission or Free Flight the generic error message 'Flight Simulator has experienced a problem and needs to close' pops up along with the option to send a report to MS....selecting either send or don't send then closes FSX.FSX install is clean and default - no addons.System:AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+RAM - 2gignVIDIA GeForce 6600Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Sp2

hmm, very strange. So if I understand correctly, at the moment you click on FLY, you get this message ? Scenery does not start to load ?Do you have by any chance FSUIPC installed ? If so, you'll have to upgrade to the latest version.I see this box only randomly whenever I overclock my system.I just installed Acceleration over my existing setup, and have no problems except the "classic" DX10 one.Jan

Guest Bottle

As painful as it may be, try a fresh reinstall of FSX then Acceleration.Sorry to say this, but it's working flawlessly for me, and boy is the DX10 worth it! :-)

Guest pilot_guru

>hmm, very strange. >So if I understand correctly, at the moment you click on FLY,>you get this message ? Scenery does not start to load ?Yes, that is basically correct - if I click on Free Flight (to select) or try and select a Mission I instantly get the generic error message.I can't even get to the stage of selecting an airport or aircraft etc :(>Do you have by any chance FSUIPC installed ? If so, you'll>have to upgrade to the latest version.I do have FSUICP - latest version and have tried with installed and uninstalled....still no go.FSX was a fresh install with Acceleration loaded over the top (as you have done).Its frustrating to say the least and a search of the Net hasn't provided any answers or solutions.

Guest flashotime

I am experiencing a similar problem. I open FSX and go to the home page. Whatever I select (free flight or mission) will usually load, and then shortly into the flight The engine turns off and differential brakes are applied. Sometimes I am able to end the flight and view the flight analysis. The plane always goes to 0 Lat, 0 Lon, and 99999999 Alt. I have just recovered my computer from a major crash, so I reinstalled windows from scratch, ran the updates, then installed FSX. After verifying that everything was working, I installed SP1. Verifyied in several short flights that it was working, so I installed Acceleration. Have not had a flight or mission since then. Updates I installed included the visual studio sp1, as well as tne .NET updates. When I do get a crash, the data sent to Microsoft is usually a d3d9.dll error, or livingwater.dll, or hungapp.Any suggestions would be appreciated. I look at all the new goodies and would like to try them.System:Pentium D 3.2 GhzRAM - 2gb NVidia 7900GSWin XP Pro SP2Controller - XBox for Windows

I had the same problem, I could go to the opening screen but if I chose any option that required aircraft then FSX would bomb out. I finally found the culprit to be a badly named file in the dll.xml file. I changed this to a legal file path and FSX came good. In my case the install of Acceleration had used the default MS path for the SDK when my SDK folder had been installed in a different path. So it would be a good idea to check out your post Acceleration dll.xml file for any errors.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest pilot_guru

>I had the same problem, I could go to the opening screen but>if I chose any option that required aircraft then FSX would>bomb out. I finally found the culprit to be a badly named file>in the dll.xml file. I changed this to a legal file path and>FSX came good. In my case the install of Acceleration had used>the default MS path for the SDK when my SDK folder had been>installed in a different path. So it would be a good idea to>check out your post Acceleration dll.xml file for any errors.>I see your problem is/was much the same as mine John :)>to be a badly named file in the dll.xml file>where do I find the dll.xml file?>I changed this to a legal file path >legal file path?? what is a 'legal file path'?maybe, just maybe this will allow me to finally use FSX again, lol.

>I had the same problem, I could go to the opening screen but>if I chose any option that required aircraft then FSX would>bomb out. I finally found the culprit to be a badly named file>in the dll.xml file. I changed this to a legal file path and>FSX came good. In my case the install of Acceleration had used>the default MS path for the SDK when my SDK folder had been>installed in a different path. So it would be a good idea to>check out your post Acceleration dll.xml file for any errors.>Hi John,Since installing Acceleration/SP2, my FSX has started doing the 'Jitters' and other scenery oddities that never happened before.I have no ad-dons in my FSX except SP1.After looking through my Fsx.cfg file I noticed a couple of missing entries eg; BUFFERPOOLS and some others that are mentioned in this link :- http://fsx-tweaks.4t.com/ There are a couple of tweaks in that guide which I tried re-entering, particularly the:- {BUFFERPOOLS} <----- Use FSX default square brackets, not these ones.Poolsize=7000000The 'Jitters' have gone! And I don't understand why this entry has been omitted/removed by SP1 or 2.The other tweak I entered was this one, recommended for multi-cores:-{JOBSCHEDULER} <------ Again, use FSX default square brackets.AffinityMask=3 <--- The figure three, corresponds to Dual CoreIt would be prudent to follow the guys advice about backing up your cfg file before tweaking it, and also the placement of these entries should be at the positions shown in his pdf download sample.Hope this helps you in some way,

The DLL.XML file (for XP) is in C:Documents and settings(Your account name)Application DataMicrosoftFSXIn my case the bad reference was as follows: ..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllThis was incorrect because my SDK install wasn't in the named folder the incorrect path came from the Accleration installer.The path should have been:..SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllI would suggest that you switch off all the listed modules by changing FALSE to TRUEThen try FSX and see if it works. If it does then you can switch each dll on in turn to see which one is causing the problem.I would stongly advise backing up your dll.xml file before playing with it.I hope that this helps but your problem may not be the same but it is sure quicker to check this than reloading FSX from scratch.;)This came from another post but it talks about the dll.XML file and may prove useful.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

LOTS & LOTS of people experiencing problems after the Accel install Including me). Most seem related to Nvidia cards and attempting to use the menus in Full-screen mode. Have heard that using Windowed mode will stop the problem but a permanent fix is more what we need. Alot of threads working on this in the FSX CTD forum...I've unistalled Accel until a fix can be had by either Nvidia or MS.MickeyWindows XP SP2, Nvidia 7950GT 512MB, 2GB RAM