Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Automatic launch of ActiveSkyX in FSX

Guest Custer

I read somewhere that in FSX the EXE.XML file can be used to start programs at the same time FSX launches. This is how the GoFlight module launches at startup for example. Has anyone tried this? Would you be willing to share the syntax in your XML file to start ActiveSkyX?Thanks. Gianluca

try this<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchexe.xmlFalseFalseASXfalsefalseC:Program FilesHiFiXEngineXEngine.exetrueDue to forum word wrap there were breaks in ?xml and path lines. Put in the same line.

Hi You can also use the Fsuipc.ini file to this, but take into consideration that ASX normally wants to be started and finsished loading all stations before you start FSX, as I remember it.Regards Audun

>I read somewhere that in FSX the EXE.XML file can be used to>start programs at the same time FSX launches. This is how the>GoFlight module launches at startup for example. Has anyone>tried this? Would you be willing to share the syntax in your>XML file to start ActiveSkyX?>>Thanks. GianlucaYour supposed to start ASX before you start FSX.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I think, you need to start ASX as part of your system boot up and leave it on. I am not sure how to add the asx in start.batThis way, weather you leave FSX or start FSX, ASX is always there.I prefer having the ASX in another PC that I have..but I can't get ASX to work with the Sim connect. So I have stopped using ASXManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Custer

Thanks. I appreciate your feedback. Maybe the safest way to go about this i to start ASX at boot up to allow the stations to initialize.Gianluca

Hello,You may use FSAutostart.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi,What is the problem you are having with simconnect? Please feel free to email me or send me a PM and I will assist. Also please check out the manual's Networked Configuration chapter and make sure you are on ASX SP1.As to when to start ASX, it can be started before or after (or with) FSX... it really does not matter.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies