Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

Is this a record for ground vehicles on a taxiway?

Recommended Posts

I know China has a massive population, but do they need to all drive at the airport?ūüė∂

I decided to fly into ZUUU Chengdu to see where Edinburgh Zoo's Pandas had arrived. As I proceeded along the taxiway, I was confronted with this queue of ground traffic:

queue-1.png

I make that thirteen vehicles, with a 14th and 15th on their way. And this was not a cheat - I didn't sit there and wait for them all to come along - they were already queued up as I approached. I think it may be that 2 vehicles approached each other from opposite directions and the rest have all just ended up behind them.  I really wish Asobo would have addressed this issue from the beginning. It surely would have been an easier fix than some of the other issues they've sorted since launch.

  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hat should we say ?


10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I decided to fly into ZUUU Chengdu to see where Edinburgh Zoo's Pandas had arrived. As I proceeded along the taxiway, I was confronted with this queue of ground traffic:

I make that thirteen vehicles, with a 14th and 15th on their way. And this was not a cheat...

Vehicles (other than aircraft) should have their own seperate "taxi" routes but that would require changes for all airports in the sim. Too bad AFCAD is not a thing in MSFS since editing those was relatively easy to do in my FSX days.

Edited by orchestra_nl
removed image

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I know China has a massive population, but do they need to all drive at the airport?ūüė∂

I decided to fly into ZUUU Chengdu to see where Edinburgh Zoo's Pandas had arrived. As I proceeded along the taxiway, I was confronted with this queue of ground traffic:

queue-1.png

I make that thirteen vehicles, with a 14th and 15th on their way. And this was not a cheat - I didn't sit there and wait for them all to come along - they were already queued up as I approached. I think it may be that 2 vehicles approached each other from opposite directions and the rest have all just ended up behind them.  I really wish Asobo would have addressed this issue from the beginning. It surely would have been an easier fix than some of the other issues they've sorted since launch.

You can turn them off on the in sim slider setting.  I have mine at about 5% so I just see the occasional vehicle.  It helps sim performance slightly as well.

  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me boot up DCS and my Warthog will clears those for you.

ūüôā

 

Ron

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like an environment protest blockade

  • Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

Looks like an environment protest blockade

LOL....just waiting for the mod that adds climate nuts gluing their hands to the tarmac/runway.¬†ūüėĀ

  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone tried the AIG ground vehicles?

Yes. I haven't seen them queueing up like that but they use the taxiways and sometimes even runways the same way the default do.

  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL....just waiting for the mod that adds climate nuts gluing their hands to the tarmac/runway.¬†ūüėĀ

Whats wrong with that, it's just real life..ūü§™

cheers¬†ūüėČ

  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...