Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche for FSX

Cockpit shadows are not included. We'll wait to see whether they cause too much of a performance hit and also see if there is a way to improve their appearance. Most that we've seen are very jaggy edged.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>How smooth are the gauges?>>RandallVery smooth, we doubt you would hear such good reports if they were a problem. The Bendix King KI825 HSI is a very unique gauge with "ferris wheel" compass card and is crystal clear with flight plan "moving map" and approach display and other neat selectable menus.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest machammer

Ron,I can't read any of the green tinted gauges in VC. Too dim. Looks fine in cockpit screen.What did I miss?RegardsBill Edit don't know what I did but working ok now. Do you have to turn panel lights on separately in VC from Cockpit?

Like to add my admiration of this payware aircraft. For 20 bucks and change it's an amazing deal with an excellent VC, well placed clickspots, removable yoke (love that feature), smooth guages, flight model seem very well done, it works in DX10 preview and I'm seeing little FPS hit.This is my first Eaglesoft aircraft, I'll now look forward to owning more, very, very impressed.

In cockpit Layout Manual there are instructions on cockpit and instrument lighting....hint: Right click the respective knobs to change the lighting to suit.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

This looks like a neat aircraft.I have a question in general about this Twin Comanche, which I did not see on the web site.Is this the turbo model, the Rayjet mod model, or the PA-39C/R model with counter-rotating props? :)Or is this the baseline PA-30, without counter-rotating props, and no turbos?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Google Roy Wilbanks Twin Comanche for a wealth of information on Roys real aircraft including powerplants:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It is a 1965 baseline PA-30 with Lycoming IO-320. But ... it has been heavily modified by an organization I cannot mention, but is very famous for giving away an aircraft each year. ;)The engine cowlings are aftermarket from LoPresti. Other speed enhancements are from Knots 2U. The engines are fuel injected, and have been overhauled by Penn Yan Aero.Trust me ... this is a one-of-a-kind PA-30!! :DOwen

Aha, I found the web info on Roy Wilbanks PA-30. It looks like he won this in 2004 in some sort of AOPA contest.And you're right, this is no ORDINARY PA-30! What a Ferrari!What would happen (for grins) if: I added a turbocharger to it (adjusting critical_altitude, etc. in the cfg)?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>Aha, I found the web info on Roy Wilbanks PA-30. It looks>like he won this in 2004 in some sort of AOPA contest.;)>And you're right, this is no ORDINARY PA-30! What a Ferrari!Not only is it a Ferrari, but has the economy of a single. When you get her leaned out at altitude, you can get 6.5 gph on each engine!! :D>What would happen (for grins) if: I added a turbocharger to>it (adjusting critical_altitude, etc. in the cfg)?Knock yourself out!Owen

Oh, and to all of you reading this thread: I found out that a Piper PA-30 once flew from NON-STOP from South Africa to St. Petersburg, Florida.Talk about long legs!! 7-thousand something miles over 3 days flight time.I looked at the range figures on this aircraft and surely that aircraft was specially modified with ferry tanks, and the like.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Plus, I am not sure how the pilot went to the bathroom...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Aw heck, I do it all the time :D

Mods, can we get this thread back on topic before it heads for the toilet :-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png