Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche for FSX

Guest Suds

>All of our current feedback shows no problem with sim>performance whether running Acceleration or not. >Read this entire thread along with those at Sim Outhouse and>Flightsim.com FSX forums for sense of user satisfaction:-)I have read all the posts, and this sounds like a great add on, but I'm still wondering if I should expect better performance over the Liberty XL2?I would hate to have to apply for another refund.Thanks again,Patrick

The original FSX LXL2 was tough on some systems, was ubdated a bit later and now stands as a pretty good performer on a majority of users machines.Remember too that FSX SP1 had not even been released at the time and users were still struggling with FSX RTM. Things have changed alot since last year at this time.The testimonials we refered you to should have proven the case that the FSX Twin Comanche is not even close to poor performance in FSX SP1/SP2 and Acceleration/DX10 "preview". FSX Twin Comanche users themselves commend and recommend the product and that's a great comfort to many.In addition, a 30% discount and 30 day refund policy make it a no brainer in our viewHope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>All of our current feedback shows no problem with sim>>performance whether running Acceleration or not. >>Read this entire thread along with those at Sim Outhouse and>>Flightsim.com FSX forums for sense of user satisfaction:-)>>I have read all the posts, and this sounds like a great add>on, but I'm still wondering if I should expect better>performance over the Liberty XL2?>I would hate to have to apply for another refund.>>Thanks again,>Patrick Patrick,It should perform better from a model's stance. There is a much lower polygon count versus the XL2, and the texture count is lower, even with the additional specular maps. Hope this helps!Owen

>>All of our current feedback shows no problem with sim>>performance whether running Acceleration or not. >>Read this entire thread along with those at Sim Outhouse and>>Flightsim.com FSX forums for sense of user satisfaction:-)>>I have read all the posts, and this sounds like a great add>on, but I'm still wondering if I should expect better>performance over the Liberty XL2?>I would hate to have to apply for another refund.>>Thanks again,>Patrick Well, if it means anything to you, I can say that I don't notice any performance hit with the Twin Comanche. I don't have the Liberty XL2 so I can't make any comparison to it.I did have to load a default plane and re-load the Twin Comanche ONE time to solve a starting issue, but I'll have to see if that happens again. That could have been "operator error", too...not sure yet.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You know, lately, I've tried not to display the Avg Frame Rate display.I spend more time looking at it than flying.I have found many, if not most of my aircraft feel smooth regardless of the dips in framerate....FSX has far surpassed FS9 in that ability.As far as the Twin Comanche, the only flight I've made so far was straight 'off the desktop' without shutting anything else down, and not running ASX. So I have no idea what it is capable of on my machine frame-rate-wise. But what I did 'feel' was a smooth experiance regardless, and the plane just 'felt' great...I love it when a designer can do what is necessary to create a distinct different 'feel' from, lets say, flying a single engine Cessna other than just performance. You can just 'feel' this aircraft while flying it, the weight of it, it's own distinct characteristics......Owen must be thanked for that type of effort. It is what makes me fly a plane more often, than not.

I don't have the Liberty but with FSX, DX9 Acceleration at KSEA it ran at the same frame rate as the default Baron non glass version if that helps.

Guest Suds

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like a winner. Going to download now...Patrick

I like the single engine flight model in this.. I was doing an engine out procedure and was I tad slow (below Vmc) and with full flaps and then I fire walled the throttle (not a good idea on a single engine flying with a nose up attitude and slow on a twin and then revving up the single engine like that) it killed me!...like it would in a real twin.I love it!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Pretty much too realistic huh:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Let me "re-iterate". This new airplane, the Twin Comanche from Eaglesoft is phenomenal for realism and frame rate. I just hope and pray that other developers realize what really can be done if a serious effort is made and the "simmer" is considered a priority.BRAVO on the the Comanche. I'm now going off to fly this baby for the 20th time.Stan

>Let me "re-iterate". This new airplane, the Twin Comanche>from Eaglesoft is phenomenal for realism and frame rate. I>just hope and pray that other developers realize what really>can be done if a serious effort is made and the "simmer" is>considered a priority.>BRAVO on the the Comanche. >I'm now going off to fly this baby for the 20th time.>>StanThanks again Stan! How about sharing some of your flights in the screenshot forum? I'd love to see where you are exploring the FS skies with her! :DBest,Owen

Man Owen...over 70 posts, this is quit a hit. Congrats on getting everyone excited about this aircraft.I plan on a cross country trip from British Columbia (where I'm currently flying) back to Ohio. I took the MAAM DC-3 out west, but I think the 'twinkie' gets the nod for the ride home. ;)