Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche for FSX

Keep us posted with some shots on the ride home Brian.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well, I guess I'm the only one with FPS problems. This aricraft is beautiful but cuts my framerates almost in half.I'll keep working with it to see if I can figure out what's going on. Suggestions are always welcomed.Randall

Randall, drop over to our forum with systems specs and we'll try to help you out:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bill,I love the aircraft but I am having some problems in getting the autopilot to work for an ILS approach. I have set the appropriate freq and set the autopilot to APR but it does not want to capture the vertical or horizontal glide slop Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?thanks,Capt.Mac

Guys, please take support issues to our FSX Twin Comanche forum.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Mike94

this is really a great airplane! Most astonishing for me is the fact, that it virtually has ZERO impact on framerates, very smooth and stutter-free flying! In terms of performance i can easily compare it with the RealAir planes.I own the Eaglesoft Cirrus and the Liberty for FSX as well, and although the planes are very, very nice, i never was too happy with the framerates of these aircrafts, but this has changed dramatically with the Comanche! Maybe there is hope, that the same techniques will be used in a future update for the Cirrus and the Liberty, to make them perform as nice as the Twinkie.....!!?? Congratulations for this airplane!Thanks a lot and cheers from germany,Michael

Actually those same techniques will be used in our upcoming Cirrus SR22 G2/G3 Turbo Package for FSX.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>this is really a great airplane! Most astonishing for me is>>the fact, that it virtually has ZERO impact on framerates,>>very smooth and stutter-free flying! In terms of performance i>>can easily compare it with the RealAir planes.>>>>I own the Eaglesoft Cirrus and the Liberty for FSX as well,>>and although the planes are very, very nice, i never was too>>happy with the framerates of these aircrafts, but this has>>changed dramatically with the Comanche!>> >>Maybe there is hope, that the same techniques will be used in>>a future update for the Cirrus and the Liberty, to make them>>perform as nice as the Twinkie.....!!?? >>>>Congratulations for this airplane!>>>>Thanks a lot and cheers from germany,>>Michael>>>>>Actually those same techniques will be used in our upcoming Cirrus>SR22 G2/G3 Turbo Package for FSX. :)Thanks Michael for your comments! In all honesty, to get a model to perform as well as the Twin Comanche, efficiency of texture count and poly counts must be part of the project from the very start. Both the Cirrus and Liberty were designed by less experienced modelers who did not take into account how the number of textures impacts performance. We will do our best to improve performance with the SR22 G2/G3 Turbo for FSX, but due to the sheer number of textures in that particular project, it will not perform like the TC. It will certainly be a case of comparing apples and bananas. HTH!Best,Owen

Well.. I see the trade off. But I would like to disagree or do not like that choice too much. I am not sure if its such a good idea to accommodate very slow systems at the cost of making the Cirrus look less eye candy.The Cirrus SR22 in FSX is not too bad as far as performance go. It does good in my system. A core 2 Duo E6600 OC to 3.3GI like the Cirrus eye candy. If it can be done without lessening the resolution of the textures or without making round objects less round, then sure. I like a good VC.Just a difference of opinion here!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Well.. I see the trade off. But I would like to disagree or>do not like that choice too much. I am not sure if its such a>good idea to accommodate very slow systems at the cost of>making the Cirrus look less eye candy.>>The Cirrus SR22 in FSX is not too bad as far as performance>go. It does good in my system. A core 2 Duo E6600 OC to 3.3G>>I like the Cirrus eye candy. If it can be done without>lessening the resolution of the textures or without making>round objects less round, then sure. >>I like a good VC.>>Just a difference of opinion here!>>:)>>MannyHi Manny,No one said we were going to reduce any "eye candy" for the Cirrus. Sure, there are textures that will be able to be consolidated onto others, but at no reduction of resolution or quality. Believe me, there is quite a bit of open space on some of these textures to accomodate that. I just wanted to point out and set the record straight that, aside from completely re-mapping the Cirrus from a blank slate, there isn't going to be quite the performance boost due to efficiency of the model and texture counts as is the case in the TC. I'm a simmer just like the rest of you - I like things to run as smoothly as possible. If I can find a way to make things run better, I do it. Hope this helps!Owen

Well I have tried the support forum with no response. I have also sent an email with no response. Also the forum is not very user friendly and won't allow me to search topics. Capt.Mac

>Well I have tried the support forum with no response. I have>also sent an email with no response. Also the forum is not>very user friendly and won't allow me to search topics. >>>Capt.MacYou've tried our support forums? According to the database you last visited our forums on Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:51 pm. You've never, ever posted there. Of course, I'm assuming you're the one registered as CaptBigMac?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69