Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche for FSX

Guest Galant VR4

Has anyone purchased this aircraft? I am still on the fence about weather or not I want to purchase this aircraft. I am in the market for a GA aircraft with a nice virtual cockpit for FSX. I also want something that is more complex than the default FSX GA aircraft. Does anyone have any comments they would like to share about this Twin Comanche?

>Has anyone purchased this aircraft? I am still on the fence>about weather or not I want to purchase this aircraft. I am in>the market for a GA aircraft with a nice virtual cockpit for>FSX. I also want something that is more complex than the>default FSX GA aircraft. Does anyone have any comments they>would like to share about this Twin Comanche?Since I work for Eaglesoft, I won't bother trying to "sell the product."However, don't sit on the fence too long... ;) With a 30 day / 30% off coupon, along with an iron-clad 30 day refund policy, why not give it a try? :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Galant VR4

Bill I think I am leaning more and more toward your side of the fence. The only thing stopping me is my belt strap is caught on the fence post.

Thank you for posting that.. I didn't know the FSX version was out.. I didn't get the FS9 version. Was looking towards the FSX version.Now, I am off to get it.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest milliotseb

HiI just bought Acceleration and tonight the twin comanche is released

Got it..took it for a spin.Love it. Nice paints, Nice sounds (reminds me of the nice Cessna 310 aircraft from Dreamfleet sound), single engine performance is pretty good. The aircraft is fairly steady to fly...BTW, Is the real one this stable to fly too? The only thing I found was the twitching of the fuel gauge needle. When I was leaning the engines. BTW.. I saw an engine monitor gauge? I haven't played around with that... need to do it.The GPS that comes with this..not sure how good it is. So Can't comment.For $20 bucks (after the discount) this is a bargain and a must have/add to your fleet..especially if you like Normally aspirated twins.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Me three ;)Keep us posted Brian :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks Manny, the Discount Coupon makes it a bargain for sure. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Bill I think I am leaning more and more toward your side of>the fence. The only thing stopping me is my belt strap is>caught on the fence post.The guys over at the Sim Outhouse seem to be enjoying her. :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest JimC1702

Thanks a lot to Ron, Bill, and everyone at Eaglesoft. This is a superb GA add-on. It's going to take me awhile to figure out the avionics but she's a sweet flyer. This really eases the pain of not having my Dreamfleet planes in FSX. With the coupon and all the included liveries, the Twin Comanche is a real bargain.Jim

>Thanks a lot to Ron, Bill, and everyone at Eaglesoft. This>is a superb GA add-on. It's going to take me awhile to figure>out the avionics but she's a sweet flyer. >>This really eases the pain of not having my Dreamfleet planes>in FSX. >>With the coupon and all the included liveries, the Twin>Comanche is a real bargain.>>Jim>Thanks for the kind words Jim! I'm sure Owen and the rest of Team Eaglesoft appreciate the great feedback. These guys have busted their tails to provide the Twin Comanche for FS9 and now FSX and they each deserve every accolade that can be offered!:-)Like many of you we fly first and read docs later but there is a wealth of information provided via the installer placed Desktop Shortcut Icon to the PTCX Manuals!:-lol

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

For 20$ this is a great product. Unlike the C400 which I really liked but always crashed my FSX under VISTA this Piper has run very well.I have only had two issues and both of them seem to be solved by reverting back to the latest WHQL Nvidia driver. On my first IFR flight after 20 minutes the plane went transparent. Looking from the outside, or out the window from the inside, the exterior was transparent. The other problem was with the autopilot. The VS could be selected but no +/- fpm would indicate on the autopilot. I reverted back to the older Nvidia driver and so far all is well and neither problem has returned. Looking at night from the outside into the interior is very special. All of the inside guages are beautifully lit up and the exterior is gorgeous.Now, if I could only put the Avidyne's in this plane.Kudo's to Eaglesoft for a well done product.