Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

SU 14 is ON

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have never had an update  this bad. If someone had to reinstall MSFS, it would probably take a  full week at this rate. 

Find the bottleneck I guess.

sp

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

The same issues appeared during the SU13 update weeks ago. I would ask Asobo/MS where the learning curve is heading to?.

Yeah, and they suggest going to this thread , and trying this work around....Not me....https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/update-resolution-of-sim-update-13-download-installation-issues/610903

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Find the bottleneck I guess.

sp

Probably releasing it to the whole world at once, instead of limiting it by timezone or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Probably releasing it to the whole world at once, instead of limiting it by timezone or something. 

That worked really well at release. I, myself, was a temporary resident of Kiribati.

• Like 3

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

I put mine on to download, then forgot it was there.  It was done by the time I remembered about it several hours later.  I suggest others do the same, stop watching.

• Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

12 minutes ago, cmorg said:

That worked really well at release. I, myself, was a temporary resident of Kiribati.

Yeah but release day is different to just an update. Release day is 10X bigger. 

4 hours ago, Krakin said:

What beta version are you on? if it is the latest then your sim won't even need to update.

You were 100% right!  Loaded and direct to World Menu with no UPDT!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

47 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Spotted someone who didn't read the release notes

Nope didn't get time today lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Apart from a couple of pauses the process completed but I am left with a night lighting problem. All my airports (Aobo and addon) have little or no lighting in the buildings and the aprons are dark. Also my world map in the night zones is dark but with really bright high contrast city lights. Daytime lighting looks normal. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? 

4 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Apart from a couple of pauses the process completed but I am left with a night lighting problem. All my airports (Aobo and addon) have little or no lighting in the buildings and the aprons are dark. Also my world map in the night zones is dark but with really bright high contrast city lights. Daytime lighting looks normal. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? 

Were you previously using the lighting / skies mod?  

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just now, MrBlueSky said:

No lighting or sky mods

Hmm, that's a strange one.  No customized monitor of Nvidia Geforce Experience visual settings?

There were some people reporting some oddities on their first load after the update (such as the spinning circles, or low frame rates).  It always sounds like the ultimate 'fob off' but a PC reboot and relaunch might hopefully correct the issue.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 minutes ago, JYW said:

Hmm, that's a strange one.  No customized monitor of Nvidia Geforce Experience visual settings?

There were some people reporting some oddities on their first load after the update (such as the spinning circles, or low frame rates).  It always sounds like the ultimate 'fob off' but a PC reboot and relaunch might hopefully correct the issue.

I did try the usual reboots and deselecting/re-selecting airports (using addon linker) but just the same. It is strange. Be interesting to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Not using Geforce and did update nvidia driver to latest to try to fix but that didn't change anything sadly.

Edited by MrBlueSky
  • Like 1