Sign in to follow this  

Acceleration Question

I don't want to install the Acceleration Pack as I don't want to loose all of my existing aircraft and panel revisions. My question is - Can I install the Edwards scenery that everyone is raving about without installing the rest of the pack. I see there are several scenery.cab files. Can I just uncompress them and install them myself? If so, do I need any of the other files? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest RonB49

If all else fails you could perhaps install AccX, copy the new scenery files to a safe place, unistall AccX, and then move the new scenery files back into FSX.R-

Guest JIMJAM

Cannot say I can blame you for not wanting to.Accel has really screwed everything up for me. I got around the CTDs by going into window mode before trying to use the menus, now Im getting HARD lock ups out of the blue for no apparent reason.I would like to keep the f-18 and carrier but bottom line is for my sanity I need to delete Acceleration.Best bet is to lay back and see how this plays out.PS- Acceleration is ooouuttttaaa here.........

I think that it is pretty safe to install it, copy (or zip) what you want to keep, and then uninstall and expand your saved zip. I did this with the SimObjects folder to keep all the new planes.Good Luckjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest TempNZ

>Cannot say I can blame you for not wanting to.>Accel has really screwed everything up for me. I got around>the CTDs by going into window mode before trying to use the>menus, now Im getting HARD lock ups out of the blue for no>apparent reason.>I would like to keep the f-18 and carrier but bottom line is>for my sanity I need to delete Acceleration.>Best bet is to lay back and see how this plays out.>PS- Acceleration is ooouuttttaaa here.........Yep me too :(Now I still get a whole lot of lockups and texture muck ups, even though I have uninstalled it, that I did not get previously. It's really disappointing. At least I can click a menu item now though.Looks like I will have to completely reinstall from scratch. Then install all the new planes, do all the tweaks, etc...

Be aware that when you do this:1)you are not going to access all features of those assets2)you are in "unsupported" territory.

>I think that it is pretty safe to install it, copy (or zip)>what you want to keep, and then uninstall and expand your>saved zip. I did this with the SimObjects folder to keep all>the new planes.>>Good Luck>Did you get the new planes to work in SP1???I have a separate XP/SP1 dual boot install, I tried copying the new planes but they did not work properly at all. The EH101 had no gauges, and could not be powered up. The f18 and P51 worked but at about 10% speed only.I'd love to get the EH101 in my SP1 XP install, I get better performance in on that.

Hi Phil. I know you probably don't want to answer my question but I will ask you anyway. Is there a way to open the Scenery.cab files from the CD and just install the Edwards scenery myself? As you can see I, and many others, don't want to install the whole package as I will probably loose all I have worked so hard to keep. I realize that doing this with only the aircraft will not work as they require a lot of the other stuff like the new shaders, etc. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Acceleration running fine on my system. Installed over my existing SP-1 install. No effect on my LDS-767 at all. The P-51 is not just ported from CFS. It has some race specific engine controls as well. Plus the Reno/Stead Race course and timing system. Not to mention the ability to do race dammage to the engine if you don't manage it correctly. The F-18 has some special key commands to hook up to the cat and launch. as well as lowering the hook. Plus the carriers are in motion, very important for trapping.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

> The P-51 is not just ported from CFS.The P-51 is a completely new model commissioned specifically for the Acceleration pack. It has zero input from any previous model... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>I think that it is pretty safe to install it, copy (or zip)>what you want to keep, and then uninstall and expand your>saved zip. I did this with the SimObjects folder to keep all>the new planes.>>Good Luck>>jjaAnd the new planes work? I tried that and it seems seems like the engines won't run properly without the supporting code.If I were to copy out the Edwards scenery before uninstalling Acceleration, can anybody tell me which files I need to grab?