Sign in to follow this  
frankla

problems after SU14

When getting out of a flight, the sim freezes and when I restart it all my add-ons stop working and I have to reinstall them every time.   Any help is apprecfiated.

Edited by frankla
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, frankla said:

When getting out of a flight, the sim freezes and when I restart it all my add-ons stop working and I have to reinstall them every time.   Any help is apprecfiated.

This sounds like a zendesk ticket might also be a good resource for you.

Good luck,

-B

I cant get the FSS E175 to power up - GPU or Battery, worked fine yesterday before the SU14 update. PFD, MFD and MCDU all blank, tablet still works and allows SB import but that's as far as it goes.

steve southey

7 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I cant get the FSS E175 to power up - GPU or Battery, worked fine yesterday before the SU14 update. PFD, MFD and MCDU all blank, tablet still works and allows SB import but that's as far as it goes.

There is hot fix issued today for E-jets. I installed but haven't tried yet

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

There is hot fix issued today for E-jets. I installed but haven't tried yet

Thanks, I updated to current 0.9.21 thru Contrail App, systems power up now, seems to have fixed the issue.

steve southey

4 hours ago, frankla said:

A lot of people are having to do a fresh restart of the PC after the update to get things as they should be.

Be sure to restart, not shut down, because depending on your PC configuration, when booting up from a shut down, this can actually reload old data during start up.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

A lot of people are having to do a fresh reboot of the PC after the update to get things as they should be.

Be sure to reboot, not shut down and restart, because depending on your PC configuration, this may not flush properly and reload old data.

Restart is the proper way to reset everything if I remember correctly. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I stand corrected.  It is indeed Restart Bob not reboot.  I will edit my post.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Since the update, my Black Square TBM 850 autopilot neither keeps vertical speed nor heading (already posted on the JustFlight forums).

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Unfortunately for me I have to do a full shut down otherwise my NVME disk with the sim on it goes missing and can't be read. It's the strangest bug I've had since I did this build.

Luckily everything runs fine after the shutdown.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Anyone else having cpu spikes ?

su14.

fps fluctuations . I have deleted cache rebooted pc . New driver etc etc ..

Mike

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I have to do a full shut down

Just an FYI for everyone, Windows 'Shut Down' is a form of hibernation, meaning the following start up is a warm one that restores your Windows kernel state at the time you selected 'Shut Down'.

Selecting 'Restart' in Windows is a full start up from cold and results in a reset of the system state, which is why 'Restart' is the appropriate response to an update.

If you wish to, you can turn off this form of hibernation mode if you disable 'Fast Startup' in Windows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I may be being unfair to the sim but I have just completed my first flight after updating SU14 (I did a computer restart after a windows update) and it was awful. I flew from Berlin to Innsbruck. Landing at LOWI it was like a slide show. Freeze after freeze. The longest as I was about 2 inches off the runway. I was flying the FBW 320, before SU14 I could fly into LOWI a smooth as silk. I am away now for a week so will try again on my return. Here's hoping...

39 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Just an FYI for everyone, Windows 'Shut Down' is a form of hibernation, meaning the following start up is a warm one that restores your Windows kernel state at the time you selected 'Shut Down'.

Selecting 'Restart' in Windows is a full start up from cold and results in a reset of the system state, which is why 'Restart' is the appropriate response to an update.

If you wish to, you can turn off this form of hibernation mode if you disable 'Fast Startup' in Windows.

Will this cure my NVME disappearing afer a restart bug? It's been happening for well over a year now and I'm used to it. This isn't sim related at all so I don't want to hijack btw. They seem to suggest BIOS fiddling on tech forums and I'm enjoying the sim too much right now to go into that dark place of my PC. I'm the guy who pushes the button even when it says not to 😄

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz