Sign in to follow this  
frankla

problems after SU14

I had an older Samsung Evo NVMe drive that did this (A 1TB Evo 870 if I remember).  I never managed to solve it, even after flashing the latest BIOS.

In the end I replaced it with a 970 Pro in exactly the same slot, and it has been fine.  no issues.  Strange!

Even stranger, I am now using the old NVMe as the boot drive on the wife's slightly older PC and it is behaving perfectly.  That's PC's for you.

Anyway, as F737MAX says, you need to do at least one restart, even if you shut down and reboot afterwards to get your drive back.  Sometimes I had to do a complete power off for 20 seconds to get my old drive to show again. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

53 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Will this cure my NVME disappearing afer a restart bug? It's been happening for well over a year now and I'm used to it. This isn't sim related at all so I don't want to hijack btw. They seem to suggest BIOS fiddling on tech forums and I'm enjoying the sim too much right now to go into that dark place of my PC. I'm the guy who pushes the button even when it says not to 😄

Doubtful. Disabling Fast Startup will make the system behave like a restart when you shut it down, except it won't do the start bit.
But...there could also a fast boot option in the BIOS and that could have an impact on the issue, either by turning it off when it is on or vice versa. If it doesn't help you can always change it back.
Some other things to check are bios updates, storage drivers and Windows powersettings.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Regarding the Black Square TBM 850 autopilot problems, it turned out that I had to play with the two GPS-switches above the ECS panel. After that, I had to re-start the simulator and the problem was gone.

Michael

Edited by michaelth

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

4 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

there could also a fast boot option in the BIOS and that could have an impact on the issue, either by turning it off when it is on or vice versa. If it doesn't help you can always change it back.

Thanks, I'll give it a look when I'm in the BIOS as I also have a fan curve job to take care of. I appreciate it.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Restart did not work for me. 😞.    I did find out that it only happens when I am on or around handcrafted airports.

Edited by frankla

Now the sim wont go back to main menu after finishing any flight.it shows the dreaded blue line at 30% then just stops.need to re boot

any one seen this new SU14 problem,never saw this before 

any ideas?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, joe cooper said:

Now the sim wont go back to main menu after finishing any flight.it shows the dreaded blue line at 30% then just stops.need to re boot

any ideas?

How long did you let it sit there? Sometimes "Stopped" just means really, really slow. Next time you end a flight, go grocery shopping or something.

Maybe it'll finish what it's doing and be back to normal when you get back.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

1 hour ago, joe cooper said:

any ideas?

Try again with all the mods disabled, probably one of them needs to be updated.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

On 12/6/2023 at 2:46 AM, JustanotherPilot said:

I cant get the FSS E175 to power up - GPU or Battery

sounds familiar. they had similar issues with their Tecnam 2012.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

16 hours ago, joe cooper said:

any ideas?

Same exact issue here.  I figured out it was in handcrafted airports that this happened. but have no idea how to fix it.

Edited by frankla

Everything seems to be working fine, but the stutters are awful.  It seems to be photogrammetry related.  Anyone having the same issue?

I'm using TAA DX11.  Everything was smooth before SU.

Hi All, 

I've noticed an issue around some of the default airports that wasn't there before SU14. I've tried the VNAVX RWY36 approach to Quito SEQM in the Fenix A320 a couple of times, and the approach is now offset by about 200m ot the right. In poor visibility this can be a real problem for a last minute swing over to the runway. The Fenix has the approach correctly in the FMGC but does not correspond with the scenery. This never happened in previous versions.

It's also happened in another default plane - an RNAV appoach somwhere in Scotland (Sumburgh I think) in the updated SR22 G6.

Anyone else see this?

In case anyone asks, I haven't switched off all my addons. That's the next thing once I've got a bit of time to test it. And I have updated all my Navigraph data.

Thanks for any help or pointers...

Since SU14 the world map option to start a flight and to select airport etc is often missing the load/save option to open a saved flight plan. Its just not there at all. Have to go back to main menu and click on the world map option again and hope it is there. Random.

• Like 1

--==CoolGunS==--

Mentioned these issues elsewhere but posting in case somebody figured it out:

1) takes much, much longer for MSFS to load (other than in safe mode). Even with Community folder empty, still takes much longer than before SU14.

2) When activating FSLTL, message that "simconnect failed to load" kepps playing. FS Traffic works OK. Not sure this is MS issue but interesting it happed after the SU14 update. Also updated the FSLTL Base Models to 1.3.1

3) Purchased the E-Jet 190/195 from Aerosoft today. Selecting the 195, it would never load to the airport. Stopped about 83% of the way. Will wait for an update  (hopefully soon).