Sign in to follow this  
polosim

SimWorks Studios Pilatus PC-12 released

2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

You should come to germany. We have plenty of nice Regs....D-GEIL,

29 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Even though I speak some German, I had to look that one up. I'm sure they meant 'cool' right?😏

22 minutes ago, turbomax said:

no, horny. but that can be cool too, I heard.

D-GEIL would not fit as a registration for the PC-12 as it would be for a multiengine aircraft up to 2 tonnes. The registration for a single engine turboprop would have to be D-F * * * 😁. For further clarification regarding the term "GEIL" please refer to the following:

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

13 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I do hope they remove these reflections on the TDS GTN unit

T191kXX.png

Same with the PMS version

I have the same strange refection's on the PMS GTN too. Anyone know how to set the aileron and rudder trim? I see the gauge and I cant seem to find anyway to actually adjust it.

23 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I do hope they remove these reflections on the TDS GTN unit

T191kXX.png

should be a user option.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I can’t seem to spot the rudder trim input, is there one? I’ve looked in the manual and all around the flight deck but I can’t see it.

I’m having an issue with the aircraft being out of trim in yaw, anyone else seeing that  ?

Once loaded with engines running and without touching anything looking in external view on the ground the rudder trim tab is sticking well out to the left so right rudder trim is applied but the flight deck rudder trim indicates neutral and in the green.

In straight and level flight the slip ball is off to the far left and when  letting go of the controls there is a slow roll to the right, engaging the yaw damper reduces this slightly but does not eliminate it.

Reduceing engine torque does not seem to bring the aircraft back into balanced flight either.

Flying an approach with the yaw damper disengaged as it should be its clear to see the aircraft is crabbing sideways.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

I can’t seem to spot the rudder trim input, is there one?

isn't there a left-right trim switch on the yoke? a hat switch should be on left and right control wheel.

asWLTox.jpg

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

25 minutes ago, jon b said:

I can’t seem to spot the rudder trim input, is there one? I’ve looked in the manual and all around the flight deck but I can’t see it.

I’m having an issue with the aircraft being out of trim in yaw, anyone else seeing that  ?

Once loaded with engines running and without touching anything looking in external view on the ground the rudder trim tab is sticking well out to the left so right rudder trim is applied but the flight deck rudder trim indicates neutral and in the green.

In straight and level flight the slip ball is off to the far left and when  letting go of the controls there is a slow roll to the right, engaging the yaw damper reduces this slightly but does not eliminate it.

Reduceing engine torque does not seem to bring the aircraft back into balanced flight either.

Flying an approach with the yaw damper disengaged as it should be its clear to see the aircraft is crabbing sideways.

• The green indication on the rudder trim does not stand for "neutral" but for "take-off", which is 45-55% to the right from centre. It is a lot of rudder, as cruise and approach are almost neutral and one right of neutral respectively. For landing, with correct torque settings (9-12 psi) you should come in coordinated with little or no rudder input.
  • Regarding engine power, powering down will cause the nose to yaw right, adding will cause it to yaw left. Small power increments aren't that big a deal, but big ones will yaw the plane IRL and in the sim.
  • As for level flight & yaw damper, it is slow IRL, but in MSFS our yaw damper is also underpowered, as giving it correct output disconnects the autopilot (MSFS thing). Still, I'm getting some reports that indicate the PIDs for the autopilot might need refinement in certain cases.
  • Glass on GTNs: part of a hotfix. It's a case of "it was fine yesterday, it wasn't today" but when it gets in your hands it no longer matters. We'll straighten it out.

Let me know if these help you and I'll be happy to get as much feedback as you can give me.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

I'll carry on testing, is the rudder trim tab being used to simulate engine torque reaction in any way ? I'm just curious as to why the trim tab isn't sitting plush when the aircraft loads?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

11 minutes ago, A320_SX ALX said:

The green indication on the rudder trim does not stand for "neutral" but for "take-off", which is 45-55% to the right from centre.

I think you may have already answered my rudder trim question with that explanation thanks.

787 captain.  

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

no, horny. but that can be cool too, I heard.

Oh, I saw that. I was just joking about them meaning cool instead of horny.😊

Screenshot-2023-12-06-164002.png

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Oh, I saw that. I was just joking about them meaning cool instead of horny.😊

Screenshot-2023-12-06-164002.png

In Dutch it means horny and in German it means cool….

2 hours ago, Zangoose said:

TDS GTN Fix - Open a ticket on their discord server and they will provide you with a fix for the time being.

A ticket on the TDS discord server or SWS?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

48 minutes ago, turbomax said:

isn't there a left-right trim switch on the yoke?

That looks like the elevator and aileron trim alright, but I can't find rudder trim, presuming it has rudder trim as it has a display for it, and the manual instructs you set the rudder trim in the green arc for take off.

787 captain.