Sign in to follow this  
Guest OleGreyGhost

Acceleration creating more hidden problems.

Guest OleGreyGhost

I ran into the same problem with the cold start as MSW did in his 11/5 post. But mainly with the FS9 helos, specifically the Apache & "Chinook" by Woods & Adams plus the "Huey" by Jordan Moore. The Jenny I ported from FS9 and the Bleriot didn't work either. No matter how many times you hit CTRL+E, they would not start. Yet the Bell 206 would start. When I did a mouse over the switches for the start sequence, the text for tooltips was garbled. Plus a couple of repaints that I did were not loading. It seems acceleration erased the repaint entries from the aircraft.cfg file.Not taking any credit, but after the 4th reload of FSX the problem went away. Now the helos & Jenny load with the engines running, but the Bleriot won't start. The text is still garbled, just for the FS9 aircraft.The hidden 'gem' of this upgrade is when I went to the menu to access the SDK tools, They weren't anywhere to be found. NADA. I checked the infamous xml.dll & it was in the right directory alongside the FSX.cfg file. The entries for the tools weren't changed and are correct.Plus the helpful Panel Reload command crashes FSX & generates an error report. ( Is there any truth to the rumor that the programmers are running a pool to see who generates the most error reports? ) HA! HA! Only kidding.Any help in resolving the lost SDK tools will be greatly appreciated. Thx. Chas, the olegreyghost.PS. I understand the beta testers cannot reveal any problems they had with the software, but they can tell us what type of "equipment" they were running it on. Chas.

Guest zelmo

I had the same problem getting the Beaver engine to start again after shutting it down.I'd landed at Lake Louise (which isn't identified in FS Discover, BTW), and shut down the engine while I ate dinner. When I came back, there was NO WAY to get it started.I ended up re-loading the aircraft, and then the engine started normally.No big deal, just confirming the previous post.-d-

Your "problem" is caused by a dead battery... In FSX the battery will go "flat" within a few minutes if at least one engine isn't running with the generator/alternator providing power, or the APU (if equipped) is running.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>The hidden 'gem' of this upgrade is when I went to the menu to>access the SDK tools, They weren't anywhere to be found. NADA.> I checked the infamous xml.dll & it was in the right>directory alongside the FSX.cfg file. The entries for the>tools weren't changed and are correct.Since you've upgraded to SP2, you must also install the SDK SP2 that was kindly provided on your Acceleration disk. You need make NO changes to your existing xml.dll at all.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest OleGreyGhost

Bill, Thank you for the quick response. About your first post, FS loaded the helos without the engines running. The helo was on the runway, engines quiet and blades still. Somehow FS corrected itself. On the second post, I totally missed the seeing anything about the SDK upgrade. My old binoculars don't focus like they used to.One question about the SDK, did they ever fix the Reload Aircraft command, or will we only be able to use Panel Reload? You helped me out on this one last time.Thanks again, Chas....the olegreyghost

Guest OleGreyGhost

Bill, Thank you for the quick response. About your first post, FS loaded the helos without the engines running. The helo was on the runway, engines quiet and blades still. Somehow FS corrected itself. On the second post, I totally missed the seeing anything about the SDK upgrade. My old binoculars don't focus like they used to.One question about the SDK, did they ever fix the Reload Aircraft command, or will we only be able to use Panel Reload? You helped me out on this one last time.Thanks again, Chas....the olegreyghost

Guest OleGreyGhost

Sorry for the double post. Chas....the olegreyghost

Guest OleGreyGhost

Bill, Thank you. Problem solved with the SDK Tools. I have them back. Seems I didn't get to the bottom of the readme file. Now I just have to solve the problem of the garbled text in the tooltips for the gauges. Appears that it occurs only with the .GAU gauges. The Bleriot loads now with the propeller turning then it slows and stops. The engine will not kick over from a cold start. Have some more research to do. Sincerely, Chas...the olegreyghost.