Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimDog

FSX 2d Panel Question

Guest SimDog

I posted this in the VoxATC forum, but have had no replies. Thought I'd try here."I normally fly full screen without any aircraft panel. Every time I call up the prompter screen with the keyboard command or yoke assigned button, FSX displays the full 2d panel. Is this normal for FSX? Is there a way to prevent the 2d panel from displaying when using the prompter?"The prompter is a pop-up window (window=06) that displays a written dialog of ATC communications. When I fly full screen without panels, all I want to see this the prompter when I call it.Regards,SD

SD,I tried the default Cub both in Windowed and Full screen and I will observe that if you go to the open sky/no panel view in either mode by pressing the "W" key to remove the panel, toggling any other panel brings up the full panel as you describe. However, if I hide the 2D panel with shift+1, pressing any other pop-up DOES NOT pull the 2D panel back up with it. Ditto, the Baron. Hopefully, this is the only change you need, how you remove the panel to begin with. It MAY not work on all AC, but that does seem to be the way it works normally.Loyd

Are you using a shift+ key to open the atc window? When I hit W twice to get rid of the panel and mini panel and use a single letter key (I changed mine to Q ) all i get is the atc window with no 2D panel.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest SimDog

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at your suggestions.I did get an email reply for Tewgyn, the VOXATC developer. His suggestion was that I might have double assigned the key and controller command. Pressing one of those is bringing up the prompter and the 2d panel at the same time.I'll check all posibilities.Many Thanks,SD

Guest SimDog

Problem solved. Using "Shift+1" fixes the issue. I now can remove the 2d aircraft panels and just have the prompter pop-up.Thanks guys!SD