Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

sink, don't sink what does it mean??

Guest davewins

Ok first off who is saying that?? lol. And second what does it mean?? I am assuming sink means push forward on the stick to pitch nose down and don't sink means to just leave the stick neutral?? but that makes no sense why would he tell me anything at all?? I know pull up would obviously mean pull up.Also while I am on the audible subject. I hear some beeping sometimes when I'm getting ready to land?? Is it the ils landing system?? It's like a series of beeping that keeps going on over and over again. It's like a code of beeping too not just one long beep. It beeps like 3 or 4 times in rhythmic fasion.Thanx for the help in advance guys!!

The trouble with those "Don't sink"warnings(in fact all the warning messages) in FS9(You FSXers surely remember FS9:-) )is the volume.You are approaching the runway concentrating on executing a fine touchdown when out of nowhere "DON'T SINK" "PULL UP" etc comes booming out,causes head to hit roof,knock over the beer,flip the aircraft over and eat mud anyway.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest PPSFA

It simply means either A: Plane isn't configured for landing... B: Descent rate is too fast.... C: Both :-)

This message is in a loop, so i think it's saying don't sink, don't sink, don't sink all the time. But when it starts it sometimes starts with sink. So it seems like it's saying sink, don't sink. I hope this is still understandable because i don't follow myself anymore. Lol.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Guest DanWalloch

Your airspeed is too slow and your decsent rate is too high for that speed. IE: 150kts IAS and -2000ft/min. The airplane is loosing altitude faster than it is moving forward.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Gosh I love that name:Horatiowondersocks (LOL) brilliant.Yes and if someone can tell me how to turn this irritating idiot OFF in the FS9 Capt sim 707 I'd appreciate it.Cheers WOZ

There are lots of interesting responces here, but this is a warning that says you are sinking while attempting a take-off or a go around. The patent information can be seen here...http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4818992-description.htmlIn FSX I checked into this and it will go off with gear and flaps down and with throttle at or above 70% while descending. An aircraft like the 727 which needs a lot of power with full flaps will get this. The patent above details how the original inventor put logic in place to ensure it was a genuine take-off or go around.You can probably locate the sound file and rename it or just ignore it now that you know what triggers it.PhillEDIT: This patent is for helicopters but it refers to the patents for fixed wing acft as well.

Two things, You could add and/or edit this in the aircraft.cfg to your preference,[GPWS] max_warning_height = 0 sink_rate_fpm = -5000 excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -4000 climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -1000 flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -3000But it's easier just to go into your options/controls and assign a key for the GPWS (it's in there) you so can turn it on or off via the keyboard at your preference when flying.Regards'Garett

The beeps are indeed the Middle and Inner Markers. Quite normal to hear them although you can turn the audio off on most radios stacks.They are simply an audible alert to tell the pilot where he/she is on the approach in the crucial final moments when his/her eyes are more on the runway than on the instruments.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU