Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Does Aces produce a Tweak sheet for SP2 (Acc)?

Guest dbulldog

Hi there...1st post.I have been reading all the negative and positive posts for several months, tweaks, opinions etc... I am curious if Phil or someone with intimate knowledge of SP2 can post a definition sheet containing a list of what all does in the FSX.CFG file (line by line)? I have yet to see what still works from one version fsx.cfg to the next and what has been removed or added. Yes, I read Phil's blogs, but I walk away sometimes going "Huh"! My opinion is that if we had a better understanding in lamemen's terms of what everything means, then we can properly adjust our systems accordingly. I think part of the problems, negative statements included, is a lack of understanding. Believe me, I have cursed a few times over this software due to lock ups, CTD's, error codes etc..but, I still enjoy debugging FSX on my system probably because I make a living solving problems (Electronics Engineer). If something does not work on mine but does work on someone else's, I want to know why!Thanks in advance for any help!Brian.Specs: Core 2 Duo @ 2.66Ghz; 4 gig RAM; 8800GTS/320MB; Win XP SP2.

Guest Maul

I'd love to see a definitive tweak sheet as well since ACES won't be releasing any more service packs for FSX.Eric

count me in for that list !

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Boy, I sure would like it too!Man, nothing but problems since putting Accel. on my FSX.Mostly weird screen displays from cockpit mode in full screen.Read posts about problems with nVidea 79xx series cards - I have a 7900GS.Most of the cockpit problems seem to have gone away as long as I DO NOT use full screen - well hate flying that way.Get constant "lock-ups" using the new Accel. P-51 or the Fighter jet.Funny, doesn't happen with the same model planes that I have downloaded off avsim - plus they DO have 2D panels!At no particular points, so just won't use those dumb Accel. planes, I guess!With these doggoned "lock-ups", I have had to completely reboot, no keystrokes (even ctl-alt-del are accepted). A CTD would sure have been a lot better!

In isolating the problem-I have a nvidia 7600 gs 512 card and have no problems at all. It may be a problem with the 7900 series...Have you uninstalled your driver, run a driver cleaner, and then reinstalled it? It does sound like a driver problem to me.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Thanks.Just read on another related post that someone downloaded a new version of nvidia drivers for the 79xx series.It is v 163.75, I have 163.71.It apparently fixed that persons' problem (also a 79xx), so am downloading now.Sure hope it works, I really prefer a clean screen instead of windowed mode.

huh, I thought it was just me, I usually fly in windowed mode, but the few times I do fly in full screen, I too get lockups....total where I have to hit the reset button....Running the 163.71's with my geforce 6800XT

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |