Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

What are your FPS?

Those settings are no good! I mean, visually those settings will make FSX look pretty bad. For starters, your system should BLOW AWAY my system in FSX at the busy airport setting you describe. However, if you are getting 15-20 fps at KSFO with THOSE SETTINGS, then something is wrong. Because my rig can easily do 15-20 fps with those settings in those locations.Those settings you list, mention only 15% AI airline aircraft. That is way low. AI is the biggest fps killer at big airports, and yet, you have it turned way down! You should be getting easily 20+ fps.5m textures, 60 mesh? Those are no good, I wouldn't be caught dead running a modern sim that way. No wonder it looks like FS2000. :) I would want to totally clean up that Dell computer you have. If you have a Core 2 Duo E6700, and you can barely keep up with a 2.5 year old 3700+ like I have, then something is eating your cpu resources. The config no doubt needs to be cleaned up.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest DiNozzo

Gary,You are a GENIUS! I completely forgot about this windowed mode. I pressed ALT+ENTER to enter the non-windowed mode and my FPS increased TREMENDOUSLY!!I am going to experiment some more with a few settings, but man what a difference that makes!Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

Guest DiNozzo

Gary above reminded me of the windowed mode. I forgot there was such a thing, and yes windowed mode kills your FPS!Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

Guest DiNozzo

Now, I have a new problem. If I uncheck "DX10 Preview," restart FSX, and try to run, the screen is fully of jaggies like there's something wrong with the video card.WTH??? :-newburn Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

Guest YukonPete

I get up too 110fps in defult aircraft!

Guest DiNozzo

Are you sure you are not playing FS2000 with your system? Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

Not a genius, I'm just one who has gone through the same experience and found a way out.BTW, you don't have to give up on windowed mode. Just auto-hide the windows task bar and you get back good performance in windowed mode.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest YukonPete

Get ready to eat your words!Look at the pictures at the bottom of this post.one is 106fps and the other 102fps. I had over 110fps in defult aircraft! I get about 50-60fps in the lvl-d 767!

Guest DiNozzo

I just swallowed my words...now how did you do that?!?!?Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

Guest DiNozzo

The picture in my attachement shows the taskbar because I had purposely ALT-TAB'ed as I was on AVSIM at the same time. I was, however, playing in window mode (with the taskbar hidden) with those fps. Since I ALT-ENTER'ed into non-window mode, my fps increased by about 25-30 on average.Dell XPS 410Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.66GHz3.0GB RAMnVidia GEForce 8800 GTXVista 32-bit

In case it's of interest, you might not need to run in windowed mode just to use VATSIM. With the latest Nvidia driver (169.04), I've found that I can run FSInn with FSX in full screen mode without the unacceptable framerate loss which formerly (sometimes) occurred.Tim

I get 20-35 fps on my 4 year old single core 3.2 PIV but to do this I leave the sliders for autogen, water,blom, and ai traffic off and turn up all the other sliders to the right.I am getting a new system in a few weeks and look forward to turning the ai traffic up-but will probably still leave autogen and water off as I don't really find them very realistic.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Lol, i also get 200+ FPS (full of clouds, raining, and water 2x high)1194463521-16eee-76kb.jpg

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest DiNozzo

What are you other settings? That's unreal! My 35 fps are pathetic!