Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Is RTX40xx Frame Generation and DLSS 3.0 worth it for MSFS?

1 hour ago, Mo45 said:

We received 19 cracked 4090 Cards for repair - Who's to Blame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9XeH8G_mM

Off topic, but that video broke my heart, as a new user of a RTX 4090 I started to understand the hassles of having such a massive piece of hardware. Luckily mine came with the support piece for the card so was easily installed horizontally and well supported with that piece. Also noticed how delicate is the power adapter cable and the legend do not bend the cable how real is, that gave me some headaches because my Corsair case isn't wide enough for this card and had to remove the side glass and left the case open. With the glass on, had the dreadful black screens because the cable was somehow bent.

Alexander Colka

38 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Off topic, but that video broke my heart, as a new user of a RTX 4090 I started to understand the hassles of having such a massive piece of hardware. Luckily mine came with the support piece for the card so was easily installed horizontally and well supported with that piece. Also noticed how delicate is the power adapter cable and the legend do not bend the cable how real is, that gave me some headaches because my Corsair case isn't wide enough for this card and had to remove the side glass and left the case open. With the glass on, had the dreadful black screens because the cable was somehow bent.

Just be careful, and get some GPU support.

All the best

Mo45

Shipping a pre-built PC with a graphics card in situ is asking for trouble.
Years ago, when a graphics card was much smaller and lighter, they
were shipped in their boxes, for fitting after delivery.
Why that best practice is not still used is a mystery.
Anecdotally, a friend of mine found that his £4000 pre-built PC arrived
with the 4090 card fitted and he thought, well packed.
There was no support fitted.
Within a week or two, it failed.
A new one was shipped out, fortunately at no charge and is still working a year or more later.
A support for such a card is a tiny fraction of the cost of the card itself, so not fitting
one borders on stupidity.
YMMV of course but the 19 cards in the video are a good indicator of what can otherwise happen. 

Here is mine, only a 3080ti, a large enough case is a good idea too :smile:

2.jpg

Edited by Reader