Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

Drunken pilot

Guest babua
Rather a very good pilot shall we say?

This forum censores the word "d@mn"?!! Oh cmon guys, what's that? Other people might think I used the bad "f word" or something... :-boom

Guest Redvan

holy cow! did he eventually land or did he crash?

Yep, no way a drunk has the coordination needed for that kind of flying. Love the takeoff, saw a video once from some airshow/competition with a number of bushpilots doing those standstill takeoffs inte strong winds, sick.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Hi,That clip kind of reminds me of "Captain Caneman". Maybe it

Staffan

That looks a lot like an act that airshow stuntpilot Kent Pietsch might do..... He does comedy routines at airshows, usually as a "student pilot" who "accidentally" leaves his instructor behind, or invades another pilot's performance, both ending up with him flying around recklessly while various parts fall off or out of the aircraft (usually an aileron, a map, one of the tires or entire wheels, and a roll of TP, at least..). That video might be another one of his routines, except in a different aircraft..... Or might be a different pilot altogether....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

>Yep, no way a drunk has the coordination needed for that kind>of flying. Love the takeoff, saw a video once from some>airshow/competition with a number of bushpilots doing those>standstill takeoffs inte strong winds, sick.LOL! I'm no bush pilot but when I learned to fly ( about 40 years ago ) there was an area where there were always high winds coming off the foothills. There was an old abandoned private airstrip nearby and we would fly over in an Aeronca Champion ( makes a Piper Cub look like a powerhouse ) - taxi to the end of the runway, increase power very slowly until the a/c would hover over the numbers - then slowly increase power to move forward down the runway and hover over the far end - then, the fun part - still pointing in the same direction, slowly reduce power, maintain altitude and back down the runway until over the starting point - slowly remove power and settle down.Talk about fun! VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I saw this routine once. The story was a farmer complaining about the noise