Sign in to follow this  
Guest nehuge

Anybody missing waves with UTX?

Guest nehuge

My shoreline waves are missing with UTX. Anybody else having this problem? I made a wave effects file, as the original ones 'wiggle' and the waves do like 100 mph and it was annoying. First shot is UTX with them missing, 2nd is without UTX, with default waves showing up.....3rd is with my waves. I made them wider and move a lot slower and they suck back into the ocean. Not super perfect, I'm sure someone could make them like real ones...but I dunno what I'm doing, I just mess with the numbers to at least get them better than default.Waves.zip in the libraryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180048.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180049.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180050.jpg

Can anyone help me find the TERRAIN.CFG files to which the UTX forum post refers?Thank you,Steve******Quote:To add the effects (I think), just add the lines below in red to the 2 TERRAIN.CFG sections below. The Texture.440 and Texture.441 labels might possibly be different on your system. Let me know if this works.....it should.[Texture.440]Name=UT_OCEAN_SANDguid={C216CC56-1EF8-4214-90E1-82019E64B0A7}Textures=UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoastHW.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast_LM.bmpLayout=3_PLUS_4StripWidthMeters=40FlattenMode=noneFlattenPriority=41000LandClassRemapType=noneExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=90000Effect=wavecontrollerWater=No[Texture.441]Name=UT_OCEAN_ROCKguid={AB4D08D9-DA6A-40a7-BA88-648BD4CAEC34}Textures=UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK_LM.BMPLayout=3_PLUS_4StripWidthMeters=40FlattenMode=noneFlattenPriority=41000LandClassRemapType=noneExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=90000Effect=wavecontrollerWater=No

Just answered my own question here. I found the terrain cfg file in the main FSX folder.P.S. For anyone wondering, the lines that appear in red on the UTX forum are these in both are:Effect=wavecontroller

Guest nehuge

Thanks Jimdbird! I searched on the forums and couldn't find this to save my life! ;)

Guest PlanePlanter

This fix brings back waves in the Oceans but not larger lakes. I do alot of flying out of Burke lakefront next to lake Erie in Ohio. No waves in the lake after UTX or this terrain.cfg fix. Any ideas?

I wondered the same thing... Possibly you could post that question on the UTX forum... or maybe I will when I get home from work.-Steve

It wasn't quoted, but it's from the same post:-To add the wave effects now, you have to find the UTX sections that define the rocky and or sandy beach coastlines in TERRAIN.CFG. Then, you simply add one of two lines for wave effects.Effect=wavecontroller -> adds the larger ocean wavesEffect=lakewavecontroller -> adds smaller lake wavesPS Nehuge's Waves.zip look pretty good: much more realistic. Have to try them. Many thanks,EDIT: Hmmm. . .unable to find Waves.zip in the Avsim library.. . . . . .Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>It wasn't quoted, but it's from the same post:->>To add the wave effects now, you have to find the UTX sections>that define the rocky and or sandy beach coastlines in>TERRAIN.CFG. Then, you simply add one of two lines for wave>effects.>>Effect=wavecontroller -> adds the larger ocean waves>Effect=lakewavecontroller -> adds smaller lake wavesYes... but the example in the post only showed where to put the "wavecontroller" line... where do you put the "lakewavecontroller" ?Thanks, Steve

These are the two texture parameter scripts within the texture.cfg (in the root FSX folder) which relate to UTX. They are (default) 440 and 441. Your texture.cfg may be different if you have edited it yourself.You can interchange wavecontroller and lakewavecontroller for larger or smaller waves. :-[Texture.440]Name=UT_OCEAN_SANDguid={C216CC56-1EF8-4214-90E1-82019E64B0A7}Textures=UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoastHW.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast.bmp,UTSandCoast_LM.bmpLayout=3_PLUS_4StripWidthMeters=40FlattenMode=noneFlattenPriority=41000LandClassRemapType=noneExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=90000Effect=wavecontroller // lakewavecontrollerWater=No[Texture.441]Name=UT_OCEAN_ROCKguid={AB4D08D9-DA6A-40a7-BA88-648BD4CAEC34}Textures=UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK.BMP,UTROCK_LM.BMPLayout=3_PLUS_4StripWidthMeters=40FlattenMode=noneFlattenPriority=41000LandClassRemapType=noneExcludeAutogen=YesRenderToTexture=YesRenderPriority=90000Effect=wavecontroller // lakewavecontrollerWater=NoThe "//" are understood by most programming languages to mean that what follows them on the line is merely a comment, and is therefore ignored.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nehuge

I will repost the waves when I get a chance. I kept getting emails saying I didn't include stuff. First off was a readme I didn't include...then it says that I have to choose a category, (I choose library, not a specific).

Thank you, Paul ...From what you wrote about "//", I assume that you must manually choose either small waves or large waves. For some reason I thoughtI remembered that the sim by default gave you large waves at the ocean AND smaller waves on the lake front.Please confirm for me that it is only "one or the other," and not both.I haven't flown with this setting yet, but a poster above stated that he was getting ocean waves with "wavecontroller" but no large lake waves.I'll try to experiement with this today.Thanks again.Steve

Hi Steve; Yup: one or the other. The text I posted was from my own texture.cfg and I get good waves on the areas surrounding Seattle/Renton/KPAE which are basically lakes, and also down the west coast between LAX and San Diego. Hi nehuge (strange name!); I understand. Imagine what the addon developers go through. Don't give up on the waves.zip, though - yours look much better than either default or UTX waves. I would like to use them for sure.regards,

Guest nehuge

Waves.zip is up under FSX scenery. I have a little writeup to change this and that if you need further customization to your likings.Dave

Guest flybo777

Paul,"These are the two texture parameter scripts within the texture.cfg (in the root FSX folder)..."I could not find "texture.cfg" in the FSX root folder. I think you meant to say "terrain.cfg".