Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

ground-tearing.jpg

I notice on this screenshot that you have your cloud recovery TLOD set to the same value as TLOD minimum. Doing so will likely cause cloud quality to continually change down and up if your flight has you at the TLOD minimum This is because reducing cloud quality can give you a sudden FPS boost which may push your FPS back above the target FPS and, with your setting as soon as TLOD steps up once your clouds will increase in quality and quite likely push your FPS down below target and trigger cloud reduction again, then the whole cycle happens again.

To avert this, you should set your cloud recovery TLOD a reasonable amount higher than TLOD Min. In your case, I would suggest somewhere between 150 and 200. This settting works very similar to the cloud recovery FPS setting in DynamicLOD where for that app it gives you an FPS buffer and for this app it gives you a TLOD buffer to prevent cloud quality cycling repetitively.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

37 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

To avert this, you should set your cloud recovery TLOD a reasonable amount higher than TLOD Min. In your case, I would suggest somewhere between 150 and 200. This settting works very similar to the cloud recovery FPS setting in DynamicLOD where for that app it gives you an FPS buffer and for this app it gives you a TLOD buffer to prevent cloud quality cycling repetitively.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll change the setting!

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Wow!  Think I am going to be able to enjoy night flights again.  To the developers of this gadget and Reset XPDR that is currently working on this project.     Thanks for the Love

Happy Landings

• Like 1

Already transferred from the auto lod to the more manual 0.3.7 version.  Can I have both the auto lod & 0.3.7 manual lod installed as long as I run 1 at a time of course. However I did delete the auto lod version already by just deleting the folder.

Happy Landings

2 minutes ago, jwhak said:

Already transferred from the auto lod to the more manual 0.3.7 version.  Can I have both the auto lod & 0.3.7 manual lod installed as long as I run 1 at a time of course. However I did delete the auto lod version already by just deleting the folder.

Happy Landings

Yes you can have both installed at the same time, but you can only run one at a time. AutoFPS will detect if any version of DynamicLOD is already running but DynamicLOD_ResetEdition version 0.3.7 does not know of AutoFPS's existence yet so it won't warn you if AutoFPS is already running. From yet-to-be-released 0.3.8 onwards, DynamicLOD_ResetEdition will detect this properly.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi, I have been testing the AutoFPS version with TLOD minimum on ground/landing enabled and it is working well. As you can see my system is quite poor spec now (it was top notch when I bought it 5 years ago!), and AutoFPS is allowing me to enjoy the sim in GA aircraft with reasonable FS, even in 4k. Later today I will test with a complex airliner. Thank you for your work on this, it's very much appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

I have now removed version 0.3.7 and installed autoFPS version (concept demo 0.4.0).

Each time I start MSFS 2020, 0.3.7 starts.

Apart from an aging brain, what the Hec am i doing wrong.

Regards BJ from Oz

It does now appear to be operating.

Edited by baxterbj

34 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

Each time I start MSFS 2020, 0.3.7 starts.

Go to:

WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1569991942-3845539524-14125271-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

or wherever the EXE.xml resides in your system.

Open it in Notepad (not Word!!!)

Search for these lines:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>DynamicLOD_ResetEdition</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition\bin\DynamicLOD_ResetEdition.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

and change  <Disabled>False</Disabled> to  <Disabled>True</Disabled>

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My "big" pproblem with AutoLOD is, that I use a center monitor for flightsim and two additional for tools etc.

And I use FG.

When I click outside the sim window, FPS number is half.
However this leads that AutoLOD starts to raise the TLOD. Why?

Example: sitting on the ground, MSFS window active, I have 60 FPS after AutoLOD lowered TLOD to 60
(sim default is 100)

Now I click outside MSFS window and the following happens:

Screenshot-2024-02-19-073136.png

It is probably because FG inactive is detected? But could that maybe prevented by checking if MSFS window is active ot not?

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

14 minutes ago, guenseli said:

My "big" pproblem with AutoLOD is, that I use a center monitor for flightsim and two additional for tools etc.

And I use FG.

When I click outside the sim window, FPS number is half.
However this leads that AutoLOD starts to raise the TLOD. Why?

Example: sitting on the ground, MSFS window active, I have 60 FPS after AutoLOD lowered TLOD to 60
(sim default is 100)

Now I click outside MSFS window and the following happens:

Screenshot-2024-02-19-073136.png

It is probably because FG inactive is detected? But could that maybe prevented by checking if MSFS window is active ot not?

It is covered in the release notes, but in two areas so I can understand how you may have missed the second bit lower down. I am currently writing up the readme, which will fully describe all of these features in one place. The two relevant sections are:

• Trial of new FG status indication. When FG is detected, the Target FPS label changes to Target FG FPS to clearly indicate that FG FPS is what should be set. Also, the sim status line will show either FG active, when MSFS has the focus, or FG inactive, when MSFS loses focus and your graphics driver automatically disables FG until you bring MSFS back to the focus again.
  • Changed target FPS to internally halve when FG is being used because FG gets temporarily switched off when MSFS has lost focus. Will need to work out a way to show that this has happened in the app so that some users don't wonder why there is now a discrepancy between indicated FPS and the existing FPS target being shown, but it otherwise works in not chasing a bogus FPS target when MSFS temporarily loses focus for the user to interact with another app, like LNM or Simbrief.

So in your case, FG has become inactive with you taking MSFS out of focus, the app FPS indication halves as it should, your target FG FPS remains the same at 60 FPS but because FG is inactive the app internally uses half of that value (ie. the non-FG equivalent) and that is what it is tracking to. As your FPS is 31, ie above 30, TLOD went up, as it should. This should mean there is minimal change whether MSFS has the focus or not, however there is sometimes an FPS difference between these two focus modes that is not directly a halving or doubling as the case may be and that is unavoidable.

This is just a side effect of how FG is implemented in MSFS and activated by your graphics driver, complicated by the fact that FG goes inactive when MSFS loses focus, and the way the app deals with it is the lesser evil of all the alternatives tried in the past.

BTW, your app screenshot shows a bug, that I already found and fixed in my development version this morning, where with expert options not checked the app is always in FPS priority mode but as shown in your screenshot it is showing TLOD Min. This is just an indication bug and the app is actually in FPS priority mode because your TLOD is changing on the ground. Anyway, FYI.

image.png?ex=65e572c9&is=65d2fdc9&hm=a6a

Thanks for the reply.

However I do not understand the logic behind.

Currently it behaves now, that, when MSFS is not in focus (AutoLOD shows about 30), TLOD is rising to 200.
(nothing has changed, my plane is still at the gate)

When I switch back to the sim (MSFS window active) I have a big stutterfest until AutoLOD kicks in, because my frames are about 40 then and rise then of course as TLOD will be reduced.

Why can't AutoLOD just keep the TLOD as it was when MSFS window is not the active one?

I for sure do not understand the logic behind, but just can report what happens here on my machine.
And switching back to MSFS and having then big stutters for several seconds because AutoLOD have rised the TLOD to 200 meanwhile does not make sense in my opinion.

Hope you find a solution and could improve your genious tool in that aspect further!

Many thanks for your hard work!!!!

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

38 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

however there is sometimes an FPS difference between these two focus modes that is not directly a halving or doubling as the case may be and that is unavoidable.

This is just a side effect of how FG is implemented in MSFS and activated by your graphics driver, complicated by the fact that FG goes inactive when MSFS loses focus, and the way the app deals with it is the lesser evil of all the alternatives tried in the past.

How about just temporarily deactivating your app whenever MSFS loses focus (and FG has been detected before) until MSFS gets focus again. So there would be no TLOD change at all when MSFS is out of focus.

I guess most users click on other windows / monitors only for a short time before giving focus back to MSFS, so having your app inactive for that short time could be the lesser evil.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Currently it behaves now, that, when MSFS is not in focus (AutoLOD shows about 30), TLOD is rising to 200.
(nothing has changed, my plane is still at the gate)

When I switch back to the sim (MSFS window active) I have a big stutterfest until AutoLOD kicks in, because my frames are about 40 then and rise then of course as TLOD will be reduced.

Why can't AutoLOD just keep the TLOD as it was when MSFS window is not the active one?

It is because when FG gets enabled you are not getting double the FPS you were getting when FG is inactive. ie. normally if FG is off or inactive and you are getting 30 FPS then when you turn on or activate FG you should be getting 60 FPS (ie. double 30), not 40 FPS as you are getting.  ie. something weird is going on with your FG, possibly because of your other monitors, and that is why your TLOD is changing. This is the only report I've had of this issue, which I don't have a solution for right now.

I suggest you enable expert settings and check the TLOD Min on Ground/Landing option so that way you have a fixed TLOD, set to TLOD min, on the ground.

What is thee "incompatible MSFS version" message? I also get it in the Reset edition of the app.

AutoFPS.jpg

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

3 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

What is thee "incompatible MSFS version" message? I also get it in the Reset edition of the app.

AutoFPS.jpg

Can you please message me a log file of when this happens. It is in %appdata%\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\log, which usually C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\log.

Also, can you please advise whether you installed or are running MSFS or MSFS2020_AutoFPS or both in Administrator mode.

Thanks.

Edited by Reset XPDR