Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

1 minute ago, Reset XPDR said:

BTW, I am about to drop a new version that fixes a minor app is already running bug if you can wait about 10 minutes.

OK.  Are any settings in MSFS itself needing to be changed?  Have been using the previous DynamicLOD Reset.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

OK.  Are any settings in MSFS itself needing to be changed?  Have been using the previous DynamicLOD Reset.

Just make sure when you are in the MSFS main menu settings screen that your TLOD and cloud quality settings are at what they normally were before the existence any DynamicLOD or AutoFPS apps and you should be good to go. You had probably already done this with DynamicLOD_ResetEdition anyway.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

New version of MSFS2020_AutoFPS, time stamp 21Feb241750Z, is available for download here with the following minor updates:

• Changed upper limit on allowable LODs from 300 to 1000 for the memory integrity checks in case a user has manually set in usercfg.opt a higher LOD than is otherwise possible to set in the MSFS settings menu.
  • Fixed app already running detection for this and any previous DynamicLOD app version

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

A quick update on DynamicLOD_ResetEdition development progress, which I have now turned my focus to since the MSFS2020_AutoFPS concept demo has matured to near formal release point:

• Very few issues reported with version 0.3.7 to date, with most being in relation to it potentially contributing to SU15 beta CTDs, however there are so many other CTDs occurring with SU15 beta without this app that a clear correlation cannot be drawn at this time.
  • A minor update version 0.3.8 will be released shortly to:
    • Expand DynamicLOD_ResetEdition's ability to detect if the new MSFS2020_AutoFPS is already running and to shut down if it is.
    • Expand MSFS memory integrity tests and provide more detailed error logging should these tests fail.
  • Most upcoming changes will be the incorporation of improvements made during the MSFS2020_AutoFPS development effort, and possibly also to be released in 0.3.8, namely:
    • Auto pause to make FPS Adaption more usable with FG
    • Auto settle time on display mode and MSFS lost focus change
    • Different FPS targets for VR, FG and PC modes
    • Single call of memory access variables per tick to minimise MSFS memory interaction
    • Clean up sim value colour triggers and default to black and n/a when not updating
    • Add detected DX version and FG active/inactive to status line and other status line refinements
  • New features:
    • Custom Preset names
  • Experiment with CPU and GPU load detection code to better manage FPS cap scenarios.
  • Collaborative code refinements with other developers on github.
Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

A minor update version 0.3.8 will be released shortly to:

• Expand DynamicLOD_ResetEdition's ability to detect whether the new MSFS2020_AutoFPS is already running.
  • Expand MSFS memory integrity tests and provide more detailed error logging should these tests fail.

This sounds great ! Looking fwd to test it ! 

Roi Ben

57 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:
  • Expand DynamicLOD_ResetEdition's ability to detect whether the new MSFS2020_AutoFPS is already running.

So run both?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 minutes ago, fppilot said:

So run both?

No, this is to advise you if another LOD changing app is already running and it will not start up to prevent contention between these apps. I will edit the description to clarify.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

a solid 30 fps. I use rivatuner for FPS lock.

I have it set to 27 FPS in the mod itself.

So you have the sim limited at 30 FPS by rivatuner and the tool make the FPS fluctuate around 27?

Would you share your VSync settings (sim / NVCP)? Or do you have a GSync monitor?

I get stutters with such a setup.

Edited by RALF9636

never heard of  MSFS2020_AutoFPS, can someone briefly explain ?

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 hours ago, sonny147 said:

never heard of  MSFS2020_AutoFPS, can someone briefly explain ?

I've just been updating the readme for this app, which summarises its capabilities as follows:

This utility is a new development that is a simplification of, and a slightly different concept to, DynamicLOD_ResetEdition. It aims to improve MSFS performance and smoothness by automatically changing the two settings that impact MSFS performance the most, namely TLOD and cloud quality settings, based on the current AGL and an easy to use GUI. It provides features such as:

• Automatically adjusts TLOD automatically to achieve a user-defined target FPS band based on pre or user-defined maximum and minimum LODs,
  • TLOD minimum on ground/landing option, which prioritises TLOD over FPS during these flight phases and also averts exacerbating existing texture tearing issues with DX12,
  • Cloud quality decrease option for when FPS can't be achieved at the lowest desired TLOD,
  • Automatic pause when MSFS loses focus option, particularly useful if using FG due to varying FPS when MSFS gains or loses focus,
  • Automatic FPS settling timer on MSFS graphics mode and focus changes to allow FPS to stabilise before acting upon,
  • Simultaneous PC, FG and VR mode compatibilty including correct FG FPS display and separate FPS targets for each mode,
  • A greatly simplified GUI, when expert options are not enabled, that uses pre-defined settings for an automated experience suited to most user scenarios, and
  • Auto restoration of original settings changed by the utility.
Edited by Reset XPDR

5 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I've just been updating the readme for this app, which summarises its capabilities as follows:

This utility is a new development that is a simplification DynamicLOD_ResetEdition. It aims to improve MSFS performance and smoothness by automatically changing the TLOD and OLOD based on the current AGL and an easy to use GUI. It provides features such as:

• Automatically adjusts TLOD automatically to achieve a user-defined target FPS band based on pre or user-defined maximum and minimum LODs,
  • TLOD minimum on ground/landing option, which prioritises TLOD over FPS during these flight phases and also averts exacerbating existing texture tearing issues with DX12,
  • Cloud quality decrease option for when FPS can't be achieved at the lowest desired TLOD,
  • Automatic pause when MSFS loses focus option, particularly useful if using FG due to varying FPS when MSFS gains or loses focus,
  • Automatic FPS settling timer on MSFS graphics mode and focus changes to allow FPS to stabilise before acting upon,
  • Simultaneous PC, FG and VR mode compatibilty including correct FG FPS display and separate FPS targets for each mode,
  • A greatly simplified GUI, when expert options are not enabled, that uses pre-defined settings for an automated experience suited to most user scenarios, and
  • Auto restoration of original settings changed by the utility.

thank you 

• Like 1

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Been testing autoLOD over several hours (SU14) in different scenarios. Working well, no issues! One thing though: during installation, I think I chose "start with MSFS" or something similar. But when I last booted up the sim, the app didn't load with it. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:
  • Experiment with CPU and GPU load detection code to better manage FPS cap scenarios.

This sounds interesting. I run an FPS cap so was wondering how this might change things. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Been testing autoLOD over several hours (SU14) in different scenarios. Working well, no issues! One thing though: during installation, I think I chose "start with MSFS" or something similar. But when I last booted up the sim, the app didn't load with it. 

It should have worked. Just run the installer again and chose "start with MSFS" again and see if that fixes it. It should put an entry in your MSFS EXE.xml file like so:

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>MSFS2020_AutoFPS</Name>

<Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>