Sign in to follow this  
Brocky120

MSFS Adaptive LOD

1 hour ago, caneman said:

Curious to know what kind of flying you do?

For me, having the flexibility to manage “high/lows” seems to be the better solution to tube liner flight (e.g., 3rd party airports, lots of injected traffic, 3rd party demanding aircraft).

High/lows to me is setting a sliding scale that keeps TLOD to a minimum on the ground and OLOD to a maximum, and the opposite as I climb out. Hence the non-auto app.

Maybe a placebo but I feel like I get a better visual experience on climb and descent, and less shutter on the ground and gate.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yes there is that,

I do like having the ability to have the OLOD at max on the ground and minimum in the air. Maybe this could be added to the auto app, above a certain FL the OLOD changes to a preset value similar to the TLOD on the ground feature. Call it "OLOD in the air"

The beauty is that when the auto app is installed the other one still remains in tact. I mainly fly the Fenix or the PMDG and both seem to work well, I have some time over the next few days so I am going to switch back to the other version and compare.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, caneman said:

Curious to know what kind of flying you do?

For me, having the flexibility to manage “high/lows” seems to be the better solution to tube liner flight (e.g., 3rd party airports, lots of injected traffic, 3rd party demanding aircraft).

High/lows to me is setting a sliding scale that keeps TLOD to a minimum on the ground and OLOD to a maximum, and the opposite as I climb out. Hence the non-auto app.

Maybe a placebo but I feel like I get a better visual experience on climb and descent, and less shutter on the ground and gate.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Same. I prefer the classic DynamicLOD app and set the LOD per altitude.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

6 hours ago, JWvdH said:

After having tried both apps, I have to admit I am confused which one I should choose to use permanently. Can you please give me  a little guidance here?

I did not try the latest versions, but for me AutoLOD generally worked best when I was consistently reaching FPS around the desired target without too much variance. Which I could not with performance hungry aircrafts (Fenix), near heavy scenery, lot of traffic etc. In these cases I got too much stuttering with AutoFPS. 

DynamicLOD allows me to fine tune the LOD settings via the presets based on the anticipated performance requirements giving me smoother experience in performance complex scenarios while targetting same fps. But there was some work involved finding out the right preset settings.

Both apps are brilliant in their own right, imo.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

I did not try the latest versions, but for me AutoLOD generally worked best when I was consistently reaching FPS around the desired target without too much variance. Which I could not with performance hungry aircrafts (Fenix), near heavy scenery, lot of traffic etc. In these cases I got too much stuttering with AutoFPS. 

DynamicLOD allows me to fine tune the LOD settings via the presets based on the anticipated performance requirements giving me smoother experience in performance complex scenarios while targetting same fps. But there was some work involved finding out the right preset settings.

I found the same on my system. When generally using a higher range of TLOD like 50 - 300 the AutoLOD tool can't really keep up when it comes to approaching an intense scenario like you described and the AGL-dependent settings that anticipate the performance work better. For such a scenario a much narrower TLOD interval on the lower side would be needed.

I think what would work even better would be the option to set TLOD intervals depending an AGL. So you could set a TLOD intervall of for example 50-80 for the ground and 200 - 300 for cruise altitude and maybe some steps in between. See my suggestion on the previous page of this thread.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ohmsquare said:

Been flying with autoLOD for the last couple of days, in complex aircraft (Fenix, analog King Air). I don't think I've had one instance of FPS falling below the target. I think it could be due to the implementation of "TLOD Min on Ground/Landing". Above this value, TLOD will increase incrementally up to set max value. Which IMO makes more sense than set AGL+TLOD presets. 

I'll probably test the new version of dynamicLOD when it's out! 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

MSFS2020_AutoFPS has now matured to a point to where I am happy to formally release it. I have created a new discussion topic and download link for it here

I request that all MSFS2020_AutoFPS specific discussion be conducted there from now on such that this discussion topic can return to its original DynamicLOD app, and ResetEdition spin-off, roots.

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback on MSFS2020_AutoFPS during the concept development phase. It really helped shape the initial formal release of this app.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Should I have VSYNC off for either program?

Have it all on in the sim nothing outside the sim running graphics.

Got an old 1080p LED Samsung Flatscreen 23" that runs 60hz.

Edited by jwhak

2 minutes ago, jwhak said:

Should I have VSYNC off for either program?

Have it all on in the sim nothing outside the sim running graphics.

Got an old 1080p LED Samsung Flatscreen 23" that runs 60hz.

You can have vsync on but with AutoFPS you have to set your target FPS lower by 5 to 10 FPS to enable the TLOD increase logic to function properly because it needs FPS to get above the target FPS to activate an increase in TLOD. This isn't an issue with DynamicLOD.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

@Reset XPDR

After not having flown for more than a week ( making an improved captains seat ) :

I still have the Reset Dynamic LOD edition and not the AutoFPS edition , as I am using 4090 cards with FG enabled without FPS limit and not using the FPS feature.

Is this app fully developed now ? Or wil there be further improvements and finetuning like with AutoFPS ?

Thank you for your great work !

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

@Reset XPDR

After not having flown for more than a week ( making an improved captains seat ) :

I still have the Reset Dynamic LOD edition and not the AutoFPS edition , as I am using 4090 cards with FG enabled without FPS limit and not using the FPS feature.

Is this app fully developed now ? Or wil there be further improvements and finetuning like with AutoFPS ?

Thank you for your great work !

I made this post about DynamicLOD_ResetEdition development progress here a few days ago.

Today I incorporated all the AutoFPS refinements applicable to DynamicLOD_ResetEdition and they all seem to be functioning correctly. I also started on Custom Preset names and I am currently trying to learn how to edit items in a combo list. I'll probably release a test version after I get that one worked out, sometime in the next week or so.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I made this post about DynamicLOD_ResetEdition development progress here a few days ago.

Today I incorporated all the AutoFPS refinements applicable to DynamicLOD_ResetEdition and they all seem to be functioning correctly. I also started on Custom Preset names and I am currently trying to learn how to edit items in a combo list. I'll probably release a test version after I get that one worked out, sometime in the next week or so.

Thank you very much. Appreciate your great work.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've found my coding kryptonite - editable comboboxes! I've spent the last couple of hours trying to work out how to allow the name of profile list items to be user editable and load/save them in your config file with no success. I have found ways to create editable comboboxes but I can't seem to get them to work in the app's code structure, even with MS Copilot's help.

Until someone can show me how it is done in the context of existing code in the app, I'm just going to have to go with a partial solution whereby the names of each profile item will appear in your config file after you first run the new version, which you can edit with a text editor to change.  A bit pedestrian I know, but at least it works and if you choose to do nothing the profile list will look exactly the same as the app currently does.

This is what it will look like in the app - before editing:

image.png?ex=65ed8f21&is=65db1a21&hm=907fce7fdb904b24065e08ce207f0093fad238a5d55e3474e370c8a4f98d186a&

and after:

image.png?ex=65ed895b&is=65db145b&hm=952

and in your config file - before:

image.png?ex=65ed8e93&is=65db1993&hm=7f6

and after you edit it:

image.png?ex=65ed8e33&is=65db1933&hm=fe9

• Like 4

That looks just fine @Reset XPDR, personally I'll probably only have 3 profiles but even then having them named would be very handy.

Having tried the AutoApp again yesterday I can confirm that for my personal needs this app is best for me, with Auto I see the terrain altering LOD too much and it becomes an eyesore, but when I'm in control with this app I know exactly when it's going to happen and then it won't change again for X amount of time until the next change.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

I've found my coding kryptonite - editable comboboxes! I've spent the last couple of hours trying to work out how to allow the name of profile list items to be user editable and load/save them in your config file with no success. I have found ways to create editable comboboxes but I can't seem to get them to work in the app's code structure, even with MS Copilot's help.

Until someone can show me how it is done in the context of existing code in the app, I'm just going to have to go with a partial solution whereby the names of each profile item will appear in your config file after you first run the new version, which you can edit with a text editor to change.  A bit pedestrian I know, but at least it works and if you choose to do nothing the profile list will look exactly the same as the app currently does.

This is what it will look like in the app - before editing:

image.png?ex=65ed8f21&is=65db1a21&hm=907fce7fdb904b24065e08ce207f0093fad238a5d55e3474e370c8a4f98d186a&

and after:

image.png?ex=65ed895b&is=65db145b&hm=952

and in your config file - before:

image.png?ex=65ed8e93&is=65db1993&hm=7f6

and after you edit it:

image.png?ex=65ed8e33&is=65db1933&hm=fe9

That really is great !  Thank you 🥳

• Like 1