Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

New screenshots of the upcoming FBW A380

2 hours ago, techman said:

Whats going on - all developers are very good in making youtube-videos, big announcements and marketing - the products still have yet to be released. It becomes boring. 

They are producing this for free for the community, What do you contribute?

• Like 12

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 hours ago, techman said:

Whats going on - all developers are very good in making youtube-videos, big announcements and marketing - the products still have yet to be released. It becomes boring.

Aww that's too bad you're bored, perhaps you can reduce the boredom by not looking at any of these until the products are released? ... you might also want to think about the many developers who're both very good at, and have done, youtube-videos/announcements/previews/marketing *and* then have also delivered good products (including FBW), to get a clue as to how this A380 also might/will pan out. Thankfully for the rest of us this is anything but boring.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, techman said:

Erm, let me think. What could you do about this problem of yours......   Don't look at the previews?

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Github is public FYI, you can follow along with the coding if you understand that stuff. You can also technically download the aircraft, minus the art assets so kind of pointless unless you want to look at all the stuff offline.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/aircraft

Thanks for reminding me, indeed a fascinating inside look at the code development and progress. The pull requests (i.e. sets of changes for a feature/bug/etc) are interesting: https://github.com/flybywiresim/aircraft/pulls ... i.e. the latest one is the first implementation of auto brakes: https://github.com/flybywiresim/aircraft/pull/8516

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 12/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, edpatino said:

As a fan of the A220 I wonder if it continues to be developed and will be released at some point.

It's recently morphed into an official iniBuilds project. And will now be payware (which is fine with me).

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:31 PM, Paul K said:

What a pity they didn't sell as well as hoped for.

If I had to guess, the whole, "oh, and you need to rebuild whatever airport decides to accommodate A380s" was a key part of the downfall. 

IIRC, that's also a significant part of the reason the 777x has folding wing tips.

2 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

If I had to guess, the whole, "oh, and you need to rebuild whatever airport decides to accommodate A380s" was a key part of the downfall.

Well, not quite the whole airport, but I know what you mean. That, and the shift away from the 'hub and spoke' airline route model to the point to point one. Well, that's what Mentour Pliot says, and he should know.

Edited by Paul K
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

7 hours ago, JYW said:

Erm, let me think. What could you do about this problem of yours......   Don't look at the previews?

Why do I get a feeling if they didn’t show any previews, he would complain about not enough communication. The good old flight sim forum world…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Car147 said:

They are producing this for free for the community, What do you contribute?

Hopefully for all the FBW supporters a donation (whatever they can give) will do the trick. I know I have in the past. They have expenses (time and money spent) on this project to make it happen as they certainly don't do it for free. My hats off for them and their effort.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Hopefully for all the FBW supporters a donation (whatever they can give) will do the trick. I know I have in the past. They have expenses (time and money spent) on this project to make it happen as they certainly don't do it for free. My hats off for them and their effort.

I would happily donate if there was an option to