Sign in to follow this  
Ident

Gels for panel/support screens/Air Manager users

I have a touchscreen that I use for my Airmanager support gauges. I also have glare shield led strip for my panel. So I thought it would look better if my touchscreen matched the color of the panel as if in a real plane the glare shield lighting or flood lighting would light up them in the same color. Where as my G5s and GTN750 project light instead of reflect it, I've left those alone. So here is the results:

No gel used on the support gauge screen

asEVT9J.jpg

Green gel used on the screen.

tqFRzSx.jpg

Red gel used on the support screen

DsW23dD.jpg

This is what you can google to look for them
Gel Filter Colored Correction Gel Light Filter Transparent Color Film Plastic Sheets, 11.7 by 8.3 Inches

For mounting them, I just put at the top a foam strip that one would use to put as weather striping around a door frame and that allows me to wedge the top in between the screen and the glare shield so its easy to switch out and it doesnt take away the touchscreen ability.