Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Are there negative affects problems with AMD cards as well ?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

What about when panning with mouse or using TrackIR?

IDK what he's talking about, there are a number of artifacts it causes that aren't game-killers but per se but it's not like there are "zero negative effects." 

Edited by chapstick
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

What about when panning with mouse or using TrackIR?

No issues with panning. No TrackIR

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

1 hour ago, RJC68 said:

adaptive LOD utility

Anybody care to elaborate what I missed here?

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, MindeK said:

thx

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Would be very interested in hearing more experiences from people using this in injunction with TrackIr….

Using with Tobii there’s definitely ghosting of edges at certain times (usually panning, movements of the aircraft, often on takeoff and landing) but the doubling of frames is difficult to give up once experienced. 

Not perfect at the moment, but as a poc and something which will hopefully be refined, it kind of feels like being given a 4-series card for Xmas. 

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

9 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Would be very interested in hearing more experiences from people using this in injunction with TrackIr….

I'm confident that it improved from version 0.5 to 0.6 but there are stutters when panning and the MSFS overlays like the ATC window for example shimmer really badly when panning either with TrackIR or mouse. You can see that they are MSFS overlays are normal when TrackIR is off. I use a 4KTV's frame interpolation which also doubles the frame rate by inserting an interpolated frame between each rendered frame and the panning is all but perfectly smooth. So this MOD has a bit of catching up to do. But it does what it says on the box. It makes FG available to non 4000series RTX cards. I'd be very interested in hearing your experience with TrackIR and anyone else using TrackIR too.

Edited by FBW737

29 minutes ago, DAD said:

Anybody care to elaborate what I missed here?

The greatest thing since sliced bread 😄

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Is any kind of Frame Generation already available for AMD GPU users in MSFS? Is that what this mod turns into FG for Nvidia users?
I'm asking because after Nvidia hiding this possibility from us for two years, I'm tempted to try AMD next time. And I don't know much about their GPUs.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

11 hours ago, guenseli said:

I was able to solve my problems (sim was not starting or FG was not available) with deleting the UserCfg.opt.

When I tried to rename the usercfg.opt, during startup the installation manager starts and asks for content to install and also a drive / directory with a message, you don't have enough space to install c:\...

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

23 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Is any kind of Frame Generation already available for AMD GPU users in MSFS?

There's the driver-level AFMF that AMD has which more or less doubles frames as-well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Are there negative affects problems with AMD cards as well ?

In my experience Nope.

My sim settings

Anti Aliasing is TAA (So i don't have to deal with the artifacting stuff)

DX12 (Ive got just enough vram to pull this off in DX12 or else you're going to have MAJOR stutters when the vram is exhausted) If not i can switch to DX11 but i prefer DX12

Stock ultra / render scaling 115 / TLOD 230

Resolution 3440x1440

I don't remember if i kept in game vsync on or not but i can check when i get home

Radeon tech preview driver (dec 8th version) settings AFMF on/ anti lag off/ freesync on/

Windows game settings / VRR on

Monitor settings / Freesync on

RTSS to lock the real framerate to 40 fps provide some cpu headroom to prevent microstutters.

There is absolutely no stuttering or pausing when moving the mouse or panning side to side. Will the real framerate drop into the thirties sometimes? .. Sure but its all gradual and not really noticeable because:

1 the frames are still within my monitors VRR range (40-100hz)

2 the lock at 40 eases the pressure on the cpu a bit so even though the framerate may drop its gradual and evenly paced. (Yes @Noel there is validity to the argument you consistently talk about. I just don't lock my frames as low as you do and i do not seek to measure every little element on the 1 percent lows. The RTSS trend line and recorded  avg 1% is a good enough reference for me. If there is a stutter its going to stick out like a sore thumb on that rtss trend line)

3 the lock at 40 also maxes out the frame gen to 80 which eases pressure on the GPU to not try and reach for 100 plus frames for no good reason.

Caveats

I have an older card. I cannot speak for the latest Gen AMD cards which may work differently.

Everything on my system has been purpose built optimized/undervolted/overclocked to within a reasonable inch of its life.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

When I tried to copy the two files to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe I got an error message that says not enough space in the directory. I have plenty of space on my C drive but this folder shows zero space. I believe this is where my flightsimulator.exe is.

Does anyone know how to change this? I thought I got administrator permissions to access this folder, but maybe I missed something.