Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

F18 Catapult

Guest mz-cd

I said my piece in another post regarding Acceleration and SP2.I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. [relatively speaking]. I put acceleration on the shelf and put the expense down to experience.HOWEVER an hour later I was reloading it to give it another try.BUT the F18 catapult and launch system do not work in the carrier tutorial. [shift U and shift I].[the tail hook shift Q DOES work]SO 1, will I have to uninstall and re install again to see if that works? OR2,can you assign keyboard buttons,although these 2 actions do not appear in the list of controls? [hope that makes sense]3, where are these controls in the F18 cockpit.?Also, and I seem to remember this being said before,I reduce the visibility from within the sim to 20 or 30 mles and this gives a big frame rate boost. As I only fly VFR or at least low alltitude this is probably more realistic anyway.HOWEVER I have to set this everytime I fly so can you reduce visibility from a cfg flie anywhere for a permanent reduction.?RegardsRichard.

I can't remember what the keys are, but on the installation disk look for the documentation folder and find the Acceleration manual, and also, look in the kneeboard, the keys I believe are there also.You may want to try the FA/18 tutorial under missions as well, it walks you through the process.

Guest mz-cd

OK, thanks Ian.I'll have a look. Regards.

Guest mz-cd

Guest mz-cd

Richard,Carefully pull up to the catapault and put the nose gear in the square box and push Shift+U and you should see the launchbar drop, than push Shift+I for Takeoff Assist and you should get the ready. After that you will see the shield rise up and than you are ready to launch. Raise throttle to military power (not after burners) than push Shift+spacebar.I personally like Flight Deck 5 as opposed to Acceleration but I do understand that there is lots more in Acceleration than carrier ops.Happy Flying!

Guest n99wb

Let the system rebuild your fsx.cfg file. An option will come up sayingthere are new key/control assignments, do you want to install them.Select yes.

Guest mz-cd

OK guys thanks for all that, all now workingEXCEPT --- that the gear will now not retract. controls are set ok.Nightmare or what!!!

Gear wont retract until you first retract the catapault launch bar.Glenn

Guest mz-cd

OK, I let the sim build a new cfg. file and all is well.IN FACT FSX is running very well with NO tweaks at all in the cfg. file.Regards.Richard.