Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Blurries? - this was helping me!

Guest HarryK

Hello,after frustrating days and even months , i took a couple of hours, try to cure the blurries.Initialy, i changed my mainboard, my HD's and the Graphics(was UDMA 133 + 2x UDMA 100 Raid 0 and NV 6800GT/AGP).Now my main specs ar these:AMD 4800+, MB NForce4, 4x 512MB Corsair (2x LL + 2x C2 - not the best mix), XFX 8600GTS/256 PCIe, SB X-Fi, XP homeRAM don't run with expected timings (2-3-2-6 LL, 2-3-3-6 C2) 1T doesn't work yet, so i do 2.5-3-3-8 2T with an easy overclocking of the whole system of 4% to get a little more Memory-Bandwith.After upgrading, i thought the blurries must be gone because of much faster HD RAID 0(got around 130MB/s) and a much faster Graphicscard.So - it was not!Before, i had some serious problems with UT USA and UT Can, but not remarkable in areas with normal scenery.Then, i had serious problems with standard scenery too - very nice.OK - did all the things to do - all sliders to the left etc. etc., couple of defrags, changed the parameters in fsx.cfg one by one, dozends of restarts.......-then i decided to set TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT out of the advised range to 100 - bad-next step was to take it to the other side to 5 - WOW! (Did not try 10)(first set my FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION to 0.33)Never had such fps and a christal clear unblurried texture before!By reaching this point, the changing of FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION had a really effect - i pushed the fps, even with high processor load and high quality addon aircraft (the new "Queen" or RealAir SF 260).This worked very well for my home terrain in germany with: fsglobalX mesh (set 19m), cloud9 landclass, German LandmarksX, FEX, ASX, MyTrafficX about 50% and texture resolution set 1m.see attached filesNo blurries in flight, in the vc, or spotview. From towerview to vc or spot it takes maybe 10s and all textures are very clear. No problems on changing vc to spot and back.Stil haven't checked out all issues and possibilities, but i'm really happy for now - ehhh almost - UT USA looked very nice for a while.....but then, as before (tested around KJFK). Maybe i have to reinstall, because some other Flight1 Products are causing key errors, maybe this part is also messed up - will see.For me, FSX is one of the best Flightsim ever.Never had that feeling of beeing "in" the air before.I think MS did a good job - BUT IMO, there is a bug or a strange behavior with the config.MS should check this out and fix this, or give us a tool, which is checking the best configuration on a given hardware.(if i have nice car and have to adjust the tire-pressure for every new road, i'm driving, to get a reliable control, and there is no need to do this with other cars - what's wrong? the car?, the street? - ok, maybe the tires -> check the suspension!Hope this may help some other people.Harry

Hi Harry,Welcome to the forums!Great to hear you are enjoying FSX and appear to be having a relatively blurry-free experience. However, you do not say whether this is with FSX (RTM) or FSX + SP1. Most would agree that something happened with the installation of SP1 which caused the reappearance of blurry textures on many hardware configurations. I may be wrong, but the impression I have is that there may be more nVidia card owner victims than there are ATI Radeon. Mike

Guest HarryK

Hi Mik,thank you for your welcome.I running on SP1.NV Drivers are 163.71After SP1 i noticed about +30% on fps.At this time, blurries where not my problem.If there are other experiences with ATI cards? - i've no opinion yet.But if a take a look at the topic "What are your fps" - tears are appaering in my eyes - and some of the guys are NVidia cards.For the moment, i'm very happy - in the background there flies a bird i never touched any more since installation - a FeelThre Bus at FL 295 with 25-30 fps over the alps - without blurries.Before i was "lucky" with 8-12 fps - if - and maybe blurries (don't know anymore - this is months ago).uuuhh - now, i think, it's time for bedgood night - or have a very nice dayHarry

Ah then Harry, you must count yourself as being amongst the lucky ones :)I have a (PCI-E)Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB using the Catalyst 7.10 WHQL drivers with Ati Tray Tools and currently am relatively blurry-free as well. Certainly I see no persistent blurries. Long may it last!Regards,Mike