Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteveS_FSD

Repeated activation

Guest mjn

I've installed acceleration which works fine, but every time I start a new game it asked me to activate it again. Very frustrating!Also how do I get my added aircraft to work again. They've all gone whiteThanks

No problems with activation here. Did you reactivate your FSX, or did you activate Acceleration ? I did not find the description very clear.I guess you are trying DX 10 preview ? All my add on planes turn bright white and have no Virtual Cockpit if I do that.Everything returns to normal in DX 9 mode. Looks like the planes have to be build with the FSX SDK, or they are not compatible. What I would like to know : is there an easy way to convert or patch them ? When is a plane DX 10 compatible ? It is too easy to say that it isn't so return to the old way of doing things. For the moment, I uninstalled my traffic pack, and fly the stock airplanes in DX 10, or my add on planes in DX 9.I hope that they get patched.Bigean, working on the screenshots, but I need first to tweak everything a bit to optimum (hehe).Jan

Guest mjn

I ended up doing a complete re-install. It wouldn't let me install acceleration until after activation of FSX. I activated acceleration successfully, but it still keeps asking to do it everytime I restart FSX. AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JoeW

On the first install of Acceleration it got courepted somehow .. it ran but everything was not right. The menu would drop out and had no words and would not work. I uninstalled it and re-installed and it worked better. Then ...... I blew a Mother Board out and had to replace it. It prompted me to activate Acceleration again and I tryed . It told me I had exceeded the number of installations. It listed a toll free number for MS and I called that and was walked thru a re-registration. That took about 15 minutes. All is well now. this may be what your running into.Joe W.

Guest SteveS_FSD

I had this loss of colour issue and until I found the white-out of all aircraft (incl. all the defaults) could be fixed with a single setting change in FS display options. I found the fix (and reintroducing the white-out) to be repeatable.In the FSX's Setting options - the Display Graphics Tab Global Options Global Texture Resolution slider needed (in my case) to be set to full right (very high) even though it was only one notch lower than that. The aircraft tab's global settings were already set to "Ultra High". I found that this change slowed performance elsewhere so you will most likely need to review other settings afterwards, but this setting change put the colour back. In this case I was using a 256/384Mb Nvidia 7300Go (DX9) high end Toshiba laptop with Nvidia's WHQL certified 163.15 drivers, Acceleration in WinXP Pro. Using Nvidia's WHQL certified 163.71 and 163.75 drivers I also found both the cause and cure to be repeatable using that single setting. Hope this helps.Regards,Steve