Sign in to follow this  
Randall

How does Poolsize affect you?

Hi -I'm interested in how the 'Poolsize' tweak affects you guys.I know that ACES has said that they increased it from 1 million to 4 million (although it doesnt show up in my FSX.cfg unless I add it) and they seem to recommend this adjustment.I can cut my frames in half (from 20 down to 11) by adding Poolsize = 10000000. If I set Poolsize = 4000000, I get 16 fps. If I leave out Poolsize completely, I get frames stable around 20(with frames locked at 20).I dont know if this has anything to do with why some of us had a decrease in performance going in to SP1 and then another decrease in SP2 or not. I realize that SP2 has added some graphical features that may have just pushed my system over the limit with what I was already running. I'd like to figure out how to get things working like I want and be able to keep Acceleration/SP2 but, so far, its asking me to make tradeoffs that I dont want to make (low res FEX textures and lower settings -- and even then I cant even take a screenshot with FEX running -- its strange)Does Poolsize have a negative affect on your system and if 'yes' then did you also get a performance decrease from SP1 or SP2?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I've not played with that setting much but have found little difference when I do--will test it out some more. I definitely have increased performance with SP2.RandallAthlon 3200+Nforce 22gig RAMGeforce 6800GSSoundblster Live!