Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Any other aircraft work on the Accel. carrier?

Guest garwig2

I'd love to try a C-2. Might be an easier way to learn the carrier landings too.

Guest cbuchner1

Can the arrestor hook feature be applied to existing aircraft?I'd love to see an A380 land on a stamp sized deck in the water

Guest SkyDrift

Can the arrestor hook feature be applied to existing aircraft? I'd love to see an A380 land on a stamp sized deck in the water Yes - just add a section to the aircraft.cfg file. The catapult will not work unless the aircraft is modelled to use it, though.- regards, SkyDrift

>Can the arrestor hook feature be applied to existing>aircraft? I'd love to see an A380 land on a stamp sized deck>in the water >>Yes - just add a section to the aircraft.cfg file.>The catapult will not work unless the aircraft is modelled to>use it, though.>- regards, SkyDriftI just read that this will work, but I haven't tried it myself yet:[tailhook]tailhook_length=4.5tailhook_position=-49.0, 0, -2.5[launch_assistance]launch_bar_pivot=0.90, 0.00, -0.09launch_bar_lug=0.90, 0.00, -4.09

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SkyDrift

>I just read that this will work, but I haven't tried it>myself yet:>>[tailhook]>tailhook_length=4.5>tailhook_position=-49.0, 0, -2.5>>[launch_assistance]>launch_bar_pivot=0.90, 0.00, -0.09>launch_bar_lug=0.90, 0.00, -4.09Ah - thanks Bill. I knew of the tailhook settings from the SDK & have successfully implemented them on an older 3rd-party aircraft, but was unaware of the launch-bar settings. I'll give them a go & see what happens. - regards, SkyDrift

Try a C-130! :) There are several videos on the web showing C130 touch and goes on carriers. All without cat shots and arresting wires. I do plan to buy the Captain Sim C130 when it is available and will give a go. Bob...

Guest itsnotme

>I'd love to try a C-2. Might be an easier way to learn the>carrier landings too.If I remember correctly, FlightDeck comes with it. Considering how badly the airplanes and such were done in FlightDeck4, I haven't gotten FlightDeck5 which is supposedly supposed to be better. Has anybody tried out FlightDeck5 yet?

Guest garwig2

>Try a C-130! :) There are several videos on the web showing>C130 touch and goes on carriers. All without cat shots and>arresting wires. I do plan to buy the Captain Sim C130 when it>is available and will give a go. >>Bob...C-130 is a piece of cake... how about a U-2R?http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/history/q0050.shtmlAnd while we're at it, anyone know if a cable can be placed on a runway at a regular airport in FSX? Some military bases have cables available on the runways for emergency uses.

>I'd love to try a C-2. Might be an easier way to learn the>carrier landings too.The Alphasim A-6E Intruder has been tested with the SP2 carriers and apparently works beautifully ... I'll need to get this, love the A-6 and their model looks great, imagine doing night traps on that in poor visibility!

Guest mz-cd

Hi, although I fly mainly VFR in small planes I do have a fascination for carrier flying, but I am a bit confused as to what you can do in FSX so would someone be kind enough to answer a couple of questions for me.1. The FSX Acceleration carrier is only available in missions.2. The Ai carriers are only available for landing and have no launch [catapult]facilities.3. What [freeware] aircraft are suitable and available for use in FSX.4. Is there a [freeware] carrier for FSX.RegardsRichard.

Guest tcable

The C130 has a number of unarrested landings on the US Forrestal.It also has a corresponding number of unassited (no catapult) takeoffs.The downside is that the carrier deck needed to be totally clear for any C130 operations.However it proved that it COULD be done.

Guest SkyDrift

FYI, I tried out the settings (kindly provided by lc0277 in the "Acceleration carrier capabilities and add-on aircrafts" thread) last night & they definitely work. You'll have to experiment a bit to get the settings just right for your aircraft, though (I just added the settings to the default 737 just for fun):-)- regards, SkyDrift

>>Hi, although I fly mainly VFR in small planes I do have a>fascination for carrier flying, but I am a bit confused as to>what you can do in FSX so would someone be kind enough to>answer a couple of questions for me.>>1. The FSX Acceleration carrier is only available in>missions.FALSE. There have been several threads over the past few weeks providing information about how to use the "Mission Carriers" while in Free Flight.>2. The Ai carriers are only available for landing and have no>launch [catapult]facilities.TRUE. Irrelevant however in light of the above.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Can the arrestor hook feature be applied to existing>aircraft? I'd love to see an A380 land on a stamp sized deck>in the water >>Yes - just add a section to the aircraft.cfg file.>The catapult will not work unless the aircraft is modelled to>use it, though.>- regards, SkyDriftThe catapult WILL work with any aircraft as long as you add the"launchbar" section in the cfg file, position the aircraft properlywith the nose gear inside the "red box" on the CAT, arm and triggerwith the appropriate keystrokes (Shift+U, Shift+I, Shift+Space in thatorder - default settings in ACCEL )[launch_assistance]launch_bar_pivot=12.6, 0, -0.2 launch_bar_lug=12.6, 0, -5.2 The above is from my T-45C goshawk cfg file. Use the nose gear contact point settings and you should be fine. I just subtracted someamount from the vertical position for the "pivot" entry.EDIT: I see Bill addressed this earlier so just take my comments on how to arrive at the launch bar settings as the crux of this post :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg