Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Strange low FPS problem.....

Guest Dazzlercee_3

When spinning the view around in spot view and admiring the scenery I will sometimes get to a point where looking in a certain direction drops my FPS to around 5, even in high altitude / low density areas.If I press ESC and then when the quit manu appears press ESC again to resume, the FPS shoots back up to 20 (locked at 20).I have only noticed this since installing Acceleration, but at the same time I installed a new 8800GT graphics card. For Acceleration I did a fresh install of FSX, so I also had a fresh fsx.cfg.Chances are it's a driver problem with the new card but wondered if anyone else had experienced this.The rest of my system comprises Q6600 @ 3.2G and 4 gig Geil DDR2 memory.Thanks.

Guest JIMJAM

Acceleration+Nvidia=problemsIve deleted Accel and could not be happier.Menu ctds,random locks ect ect.On some planes that smoked,like the Wings of power P40, I was often locked up in the smoke.I would just sit there in the smoke for 30 seconds or so with the fps going crazy until the smoke cleared.Like alot of us, I went through the "is it me" stage and wasted days tweaking/reloading but concluded its a driver/hardware issue.

Not sure what the cause of the CTDs is, but on my rig Accel installed just fine and is running without problems..Intel Q6600, Nvidia 8600GTS, 163.71 drivers.

Bert

I've also had this experience and wonder if you reset the Scenery settings in flight before this happened? Some have found that if you restart after changing Scenery settings, you get more stable performance..

Bert