Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

v5.3 and new matching depth

Really confused with all these changes, so my question will be simple. If I used level "2" for both live and static AI, what level should I choose now?

Thanks

I am going to still try to use 2. I am having to recreate my parameters.xml from my prior PSXTraffic file, as none of my parameter settings transferred over to the new installation.

Yes, I had to manually enter folders path all over again now. It works, flying LSZH - LOWW now. Not bad after all :-) 

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 11:43 PM, G-YMML1 said:

If I used level "2" for both live and static AI, what level should I choose now?

What you were used to, I'd say 2 for both.

I added level 4 for matching static for users that would like to see a generic type of a bizjet for instance in stead of a livery from a wong company.

Nothing new, this existed for matching live from the beginning (8 years ago) and for static till about 1 year ago.. You can find all that in the Manual 😉 

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I am going to still try to use 2. I am having to recreate my parameters.xml from my prior PSXTraffic file, as none of my parameter settings transferred over to the new installation.

It should have done that for you, in the Log.txt file you could have read why it did not... Were you not at version 5.2.0 yet ?

16 hours ago, kiek said:

It should have done that for you, in the Log.txt file you could have read why it did not... Were you not at version 5.2.0 yet ?

Yes, I was on 5.2.0 and the log file does show that it was going to use the parameters from PSXTraffic and then lists all the parameters with their correct values. However, the parameters.xml that was created for PSXT had default values and none that would have come from the PSXTraffic version of the file.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Yes, I was on 5.2.0 and the log file does show that it was going to use the parameters from PSXTraffic and then lists all the parameters with their correct values. However, the parameters.xml that was created for PSXT had default values and none that would have come from the PSXTraffic version of the file.

You guys have found a bug. It did copy the parameters but did not save that in PSXT\parameters.xml... Oops.

Will fix that, but that will only work for new installations of 5.3.0.

You have to copy the parameters.xml and the learned folders from PSXtraffic, sorry for that.

EDIT: I have updated version 5.3.0.  New fresh installs will do it correctly

Edited by kiek

Things get more obscure with 5.5.

How would I enter 2a or 2b into the interface of PSXT? It only accept digits.

10 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Things get more obscure with 5.5.

No, it is getting better and better, based on comments from users

10 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

How would I enter 2a or 2b into the interface of PSXT? It only accept digits.

You cannnot discriminate between the two, it is just step 2, with two substeps. Enter 2.

I don't think one would like PSXT to stop matching after 2a ...

I'll change the layout of the table in the Manual to make this more clear: 

Step

Match

Indicated

in the Log with

Match of an aircraft by registration code

=1=

PVT aircraft only: match of a generic livery with airline ZZZ and type
[a generic livery: icao_airline (MSFS) or atc_parking_codes (P3D)=ZZZ]
This will result in a so called white or house paint

or then a match of an aircraft by airline + operator* codes and type

=4=

=2=

Match an aircraft by airline + operator* and similar type of wanted type

=3=

Match of a generic livery with airline ZZZ and type.

=4=

*operator: often operator is the same as airline, but there are operators that operate for an airline.

Edited by kiek

So…if I happen to use “2” for live aircrafts before 5.4, I should stick with it. 

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

So…if I happen to use “2” for live aircrafts before 5.4, I should stick with it. 

Indeed, no problem.