Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

Where's my Traffic????

Even with Airline traffic at 100%, most of the slots at airports are empty!Do I need something like Ultimate Traffic to make any more?

Which airports are you looking for traffic and have you made any changes to the original traffic files? It's been so long since using default traffic that I can't remember if it was sparse or not at major airports, but at many smaller airports it was none existent.There are several payware packages out there including Ultimate Traffic, My TrafficX and Traffic 2007(?). All contribute in some way to increasing the amount of traffic at many airports and increasing the realism of AI traffic including realistic callsigns and models of existing real world airlines.There is also some excellent freeware packages called PAI(?) and I think something called World of AI(?) each free but with some work on the user end to install the desired airlines etc.....Try a search in this forum and you should find a myriad of opinion on each with explanations of the pros and cons pertaining each different incarnation.You may also want to try GA Traffic by Markus Bruenner(sp?) Excellent freeware which generates GA traffic at many smaller airports. There's a separate forum here on avsim to peruse if needed.I personally use MytrafficX, the models are on the lower end but excellent for performance with increasing percentages, and they have begun to update many of the models to FSX standard and even DX10 compatability. I can't speak for the other packages as I don't own them. Hopefully, this long winded diatribe helps in alleviating your issue.

Guest Lennyt

It would help if you indicated wgat airports you're talking about. Also, do you have GA and commercial to 100%?

I was refering to major internationals like LAX or LHR etc. Even with the sliders maxed out, the airports look sparse.I used UT for FS9, so i'm currently downloading UTX. With the F1 coupon, it's too good a deal to miss.Thanks for feedback.

UTX works better.But I have found that on occasion, with all these installs/removals of acceleration etc... that I have to re-comnpile the UTX once ion a while. Otherwise I dont seem to get anything welse except local airlines, no Air France at CYYZ etc... for some strange reason.Allen

Guest Lennyt

>I was refering to major internationals like LAX or LHR etc. >Even with the sliders maxed out, the airports look sparse.>>I used UT for FS9, so i'm currently downloading UTX. With the>F1 coupon, it's too good a deal to miss.>>Thanks for feedback.Sorry you`re wrong. I just went there and put AI at 100% both GA and commercial and it`s jam packed with all aircraft including a huge amount of military aircraft. You`re clearly doing something wrong and just spent more money for nothing. I would have reinstalled MyTraffic X. Also make sure you have the update.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180442.jpg

No need to sound quite so gleefull about me being "wrong".Besides, i think i was missunderstood. I didn't mean 'My Traffic' with a capital 'M', I was refering only to 'my traffic' to standard AI traffic:P Anyway, no money wasted. My airports are now full to bustin.Thanks

Guest Lennyt

>No need to sound quite so gleefull about me being "wrong".>>Besides, i think i was missunderstood. I didn't mean 'My>Traffic' with a capital 'M', I was refering only to 'my>traffic' to standard AI traffic:P >>Anyway, no money wasted. My airports are now full to bustin.>>ThanksYou're right. My apologies. I'm so used to those two words together since I've had MyTraffic for 5 years in its various incarnations.