Sign in to follow this  
Condor1

Now, this is strange!

I just flew from KATP to KMYR (Tampa to Myrtle Beach) and while getting ready for the approach I got this strange ATC message:

(Callsign) Turn Right Heading Zero Eight Zero vectors to the  ILS  approach for Runway One Eight at MYRTLE BEACH  International Turn Right Heading Zero Eight Zero   Turn Right Heading Zero Eight Five  Turn Right Heading Zero Niner Zero  Turn Right Heading Zero Niner Five  Turn Right Heading One Zero Zero  Turn Left Heading Zero Eight Five   Descend to Two Thousand feet   Expedite your  Turn Left Heading Zero Eight Five   Turn Left Heading Zero Six Five  Turn Left Heading Zero Seven Zero  Turn Left Heading Zero Six Five You are One Zero nautical miles  of MYRTLE BEACH  International  airport.  fly heading One Five Five Cleared for ILS to runway One Eight Contact Tower on One Two Eight Point Four Five good afternoon

I was almost on the localizer and the GS was above me when this happened. These instructions came one after the other, split seconds apart. They were not needed but even if they were I could not maneuver the airplane fast enough to comply.

Has anyone had anything like this happen? 😨

This can happen if something, like a lack of resources, causes P2A to not process events and get the directions spoken in real time, then they all come out when resources are available.  I've noticed it most often when Windows decides to run some process like a disk scan in the middle of a flight, but it could also be something else.  Looks like you have 9 or 10 heading instructions backed up because you never got the first heading change, so you got further off course and the program teed up another, bigger heading change.

Fortunately, this doesn't happen all the time.

Dave

Interesting... Perhaps I just need to make sure nothing else runs at the same time, like hidden updates and so.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim