Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

I need more suction!

Guest eatcarrotsnow

Hey Guys, I'm a long time flight simmer. I'm running into a problem with my hardware and figured I'd see if anyone knew where to find what I need.My Saitek x45 Flight Stick and Throttle is great, and I would upgrade to the new x52, but I don't like the feel of it as well as this one. My problem is the suction cup feet I've used for years are trashed. I cannot find where to purchase more.They don't sell them as accessory parts on the Saitek website. I tried ebay with no luck either. I only need eight, but they do have to have the "T" to lock them in place. Does anyone know where I might find some more of these?I appreciate the help!

Guest eatcarrotsnow

Thank you, Marco I appreciate that! And you're right, Google is great for general information.However, this is a very specific piece. In all of those links, none specifically are a match to these particular suction cups. To make it more frustrating, you cannot purchase them from Saitek. There are no markings to say where they come from, so all I have is their dimensions and the funky top which makes them different from general suction cups.I ask in this forum especially for this specific reason, that it is a specialized group of people. Hopefully, someone here purchased any of the X36, X45, or X52 series combos and replaced these suction cups at some time. If there is anyone that has, and they can direct me to where they purchased them, that would be great.

Guest eatcarrotsnow

Thank you for the offer! Unfortunately, I live across the pond. I do appreciate it though.I even tried contacting Saitek directly, they keep putting me off and not answering where to get them. You would think it would be a small thing, but it is not.Anyway, thank you for trying.

Pity you did'nt post a few months earlier, 'cos I was over in NYC. I never found the suction feet very good to be honest. They're the first thing I take off. I use a couple of strips of thick, double sided sticky tape. Solid as a rock and never budge. If you need to move them, just slide a thin, sharp knife under them.Russell.

I'd like more suction to.JimCYWG